58. Healing and Potions

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon and Harry Potter and the tale of three brothers are not mine.
The picture is a screenshot from a DIY Halloween theme video.
Pretty cool, isn't it?
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

After the fiasco with Damien, the little fire type had started to heal and open up to others. At one point Damien had broken free and tried to escape but Charmander had stood up to her tormentor and shot his face with Dragon breath. Although it was really weak, it turned out to be enough to stop him in his tracks. Green had taken Charmander with him and helped her get better, the little fire type had latched on to Green like a life line and had refused to let go.

Ash meanwhile was working on a potion, "Are the berries ready?"

Gary, "Here you go ~"

Ash added the berries to the potion and it turned green, "I think, it's done."

Gary looked at the potion, "One way to find out. Come on."

Ash, "Green."

Gary, "The Skele Gro potion is ready. We even gave it green apple flavour, do you want to try it?"

Green looked at the two, "Is that so? It doesn't look like much."

Ash, "Of course not. It's a potion."

They were at Saffron city helping Sabrina figure out the difference between the two types of mandrakes and their different properties. As it was, they found out, the difference was because they could use the mandrakes growing at Saffron city as a replacement for the scarab beetles by accident. Green had been a bit dumbfounded by the result of an accident but he didn't mind in the end, as it could help both humans and Pokemon. However problem was the taste of the potion was disgusting and caused problems for many to swallow, even the Ranger veterans and their Pokemon. Ash had taken it as a personal challenge and decided to stay at Saffron city for a few months which turned into a year to figure out how to fix that problem. And where Ash went Gary was there so the two had become a very common sight to be seen at the gym. After a month or so Mairin had joined the two of them at the gym as she had decided to continue her study in Kanto. And she was starting to feel lonely at Pallet with everyone returning to classes or school.

Mairin ran inside, "Guys! I'm here, exams are over."

Ash smiled, "Welcome back Mairin, you are just in time."

Gary, "Yeah, we are about to test the potion."

Mairin made a face, "The disgusting tasting potion... "

Mairin eyed the bottle, "Wait, you managed to change its taste?"

Ash nodded, "Green apple flavor was the closet we could get."

Green walked in, "Alright kids, the ride to the hospital is here. Let me do the talking yeah?"

Gary nodded, "Sure Green, we'll wait near the patient rooms."

Mairin looked at the two confused, "Why don't you ever take credit?"

Ash, "Boring adult talk."

Gary, "I rather be inside with my plants."

Mairin made an :O face, "I guess so."

Ash, "And some adults get handsy and grabby if they know a child did something great."

Mairin winced, "Oh... "

Gary nodded, "Yeah, let's avoid that, yeah?"

Pikachu muttered, -I'll shock them, if they try anything.-