23. Back home again

(Hello everyone....
I'm back...
Pokemon is not mine. The art is from an ad for the Charmander family collection that I saw a few years back on a shop.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Before anyone knew it more than two weeks had passed on the island. Gary and Ash had a fun time learning what they could do and practicing it, till they could do it easily. Ash had learned how to perform a proper fireball while Gary had learned heatwave. It was not as powerful as when a Pokemon attacked but it was strong enough to distract or hurt humans. Blaine had been very fascinated by this and showed Gary and Ash how to make a report on what they learned, when and how. He also had a ball of a time helping Lance figure out his abilities by using Ash and Gary as a template.

Blaine hummed, 'Who knew the Dragon brat would end up being more powerful after his core was released? And to think, he was already powerful enough before. Someone really wanted him out of the picture.'

Ash and Gary had talked to Lance a lot, in the following days. Blaine while curious what they talked about did not bother them. From what he could gather, the two were happy to find someone like them. He had talked to Samuel two days ago and he wondered how things would turn out for them once they returned home. Now that the league has set it's sights on the two kids.

Flashback:

Blaine, "I'm afraid, the first two starters here have gotten too attached to the boys."

Samuel, "Well, that is quite a predicament, my friend. What do you suggest we do? Allow them to return home with the boys? What about the trainers they were supposed to go to?"

Blaine rolled his eyes, "You know very well, that trainers are not told what Pokemon, they will have as a starter. It's mostly just luck of draw or a quick minute decision."

Samuel laughed nervously, "That's true. I guess, I will be making a few adjustments here for new members. When I sent the two boys over to you, I honestly did not expect them to get their second Pokemons. That too the official Kanto and Alola starters. Oh boy! How to explain this to the league? I'm not sure they would agree to two kids who aren't trainers to have more than one Pokemon."

Blaine rubbed his chin, "Well, Sam you are always researching the bonds between Pokemon and humans, correct? Perhaps, you could use this as an opportunity to prove your little theory correct. You and I, both know that despite the very obvious results from before there are still many stubborn sceptics who are stuck in their old ways. And that's coming from an old man like me."

Samuel got a thoughtful look, "You know what Blaine, that might not be a bad idea. It could be an ongoing research. Hmmm..... I'll need to think about this properly however. Ash and Gary are different from other kids. I will have to get more volunteers to avoid suspicions."

Blaine watched amused as his friend went off rambling about ideas again, "Samuel, how about I leave you to it? I will be here, if you need anything."

Samuel, "Ah! Of course! Thank you for watching over my kids Blaine. I'll be there to pick them up a few days from now."

Flashback end!

Now the kids were packing their stuff up with the help of Cooper, Rex and Trix and none of them even realized how many bottles of items they had collected, till right at this moment. There were bottles of fur and scales that Pokemon would shed annually, bottles of plants that they had not known grew in the wild area of Cinnabar island, like that fire snapdragon for example, that fire types love to eat. Blaine would have to get a search and cultivate group prepared to grow them in one of the many fields. Then, there are the stones, twelve different stones ranging from clear crystals to lava gems to fire, sun and rock evolution stones, save for the mega evolution stone which they decided to send to Professor Sycamore, who was studying them specifically. Cooper had Trix and Rex help with listing the items they had collected.