6th IMPERFECTION (06-15-2020)

A/N: Long chapter ahead.

« « « « «

"What exactly did he say, Chella?"

Tanong ko sa kaniya habang ako naman ay naglakad patungo sa kusina. Batid kong nakasunod ito sa akin habang nakasimangot.

Kumuha ako ng dalawang itlog at butter sa ref at isang supot ng loaf bread sa cupboard. Sinimulan ko ang pagprito ng itlog.

"He just said he'll take us home. I don't know when." I did not react.

Inilagay ko sa pinggan ang mga pritong itlog saka ko isinunod ang paglalagay ng tinapay sa bread toaster.

I sighed.

We haven't heard from him in awhile and now he's making a noise. Dad is really unpredictable.

Inilapag ko na sa lamesa ang aming almusal at nagsimula na nga kaming kumain. Chella stood and get us a box of milk. Ipinagsalin ako nito sa baso and I gladly took it.

"Ate, do you want to go home?"

Maya-maya ay tanong nito sa akin nang makabalik sa pwesto.

Hindi ako tumingin sa kaniya at mas lalong hindi ko gustong sagutin ang tanong niya. Ipinagpatuloy ko ang pagkain.

I heard her sighed.

"How about you, Chella?"

I know she shook her head kahit pa hindi ko ito tignan.

"But I'll go home if I'm with you." Pahabol nito.

I bet she's smiling.

I felt guilty. Chella and I have been inseparable. No, she's been inseparable from me. She has all the privilege to stay in our Mansion-like house, has the convenience a princess could experience kapag nasa bahay siya but she chose to be with me in this confined room. I am not that sweet like Neneng and I'm not that showy of my affection towards her but she chose to be with me. Kahit pa gaano ako kahirap pakitunguhan minsan. Hindi sa ayaw kong makasama siya. We've just been through a lot. We've nearly surrendered being together because we've caused the accidents of one another but look at how we are still in glued. And the fact that she's just 10 requires her to be on our parents' side instead of mine. Even if the thought that Chella gets separated from me saddens my feeling.

"Maybe you should go with dad." I said bitterly.

I can't look at her. Guilt is really consuming me. I guess it's the right thing to do.

"And you, too." Nanghahamon nitong sabi.

"You know I can't, Chella."

This time, we looked into each other's eyes. Nagsusukatan ng tingin. But I let go first when I saw how sorrow slowly crept into her eyes.

"I love this place already, ate Arylle. Ate Neneng is here, Kuya Zedd is a jerk but it's okay, you are here, so I will be here too. That big, empty house is nothing compared to this cheap room we are in as long as I'm with you. So why are you shutting me out?"

Agad akong nag-angat ng tingin and I saw how hurt she is. This is Chella who gets attached too easily with anything, with anyone.

"I am not shutting you out." I said and I couldn't stop my voice to be this frigid.

"Then why do you want me to go home? Am I being a burden? Tell me. I'll get my own room with ate Neneng so you don't have to worry about feeding me. You won't even hear me teach you table manners anymore. You don't have to worry about lifting your foot on your chair while you eat barehanded. You can ignore your food until you feel like eating it, I will not be there to notice you. Ate Arylle, is that what you want?" She paused.