10th IMPERFECTION (07-03-2020)

A/N: Short Update.

« « « « «

All of them stayed in the living room after lunch until now that is already dark outside. While I locked myself inside this room which window is open, letting me hear the sound of water and the cool air enter.

As I stare outside, I couldn't help but to think of what may come after this. I am here in solitude with my sister just to run away from our father.

I wonder what is up with him now that he found out we aren't there in the apartment. Did he even came?

Is he furious? Is he drunk again? Has he made trouble with the guard or any of the people there? Does mom knows what he's about to do? How's mom though? Is she doing fine? Dad is mad, isn't he? What the hell?

I don't know. All I'm certain of is that we have to face the consequence of this hide-and-seek we play. I just don't know how.

Despite my head being too noisy, I still find myself listening to the songs they are playing with guitar in the living room. They're good singers indeed and their laughters lighten up the house. Catching my ears to listen to them instead of the problems ringing me continuously.

Hindi ko nga lang maiwasan ang bumalik sa malalim na pag-iisip sa tuwing humihina ang tawanan at kantahan nila.

But my sister is right. We should cherish the moment with this nice place while we have time. So I pushed away the fact that her words bothered me and stood up, opened the door and made my way outside to see the river closer.

[🎶You,]

I stopped right in front of them when they started a new song. Looking how they formed in circle while Jade plays the guitar and the rest sing along with him. The masher's out of sight, huh?

[with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against us.

You,]

They are more like singing for me because they all stare at my direction.

[have knocked us off our feet again.

Got us feelin' like a nothin'.

You, with your voice like nails on a chalk board

Callin' us out when we're wounded.

You, pickin' on the weaker man.]

He strums a bit before continuing and I don't know why I understand the lyrics of the song that much. I got curious in an instant.

[Well you can take us down with just one single blow.

But you don't know, what you don't know. . .🎶]

It's just a song. I told myself.

I shuddered my shoulder lightly as I continue walking through the doorway and left them singing at the top of their lungs.

Cooler air welcomed me as I stepped on the grass. I checked the surrounding and all I could see are few fireflies and a flickering, old lamppost on the side of the house.

A part of me wants to go inside because it's colder and I'm just wearing this ridiculous short pants and a sleeveless shirt instead of my comfy pyjama. But there is this force pulling my feet on the back of the house.

Naglakad ako patungo sa likurang bahagi ng bahay at puro kulisap lamang ang aking naririnig at ang tunog ng mga damong inaapakan ko. Ilang sandali pa ay naririnig ko na ng malakas ang pagdaloy ng tubig sa hindi kalayuan.