2.

My father and Max had been in the meeting room for two days on and off. They were constantly talking with the king. My mother wanted the Mate Ball to be perfect for King Remington. She felt in her heart he would find his mate in our pack. I showered quickly, running a tad late. Today was going to be awful. I could feel it in my bones.
       Most days the others leave me alone because I'm the Alphas daughter and they know mistreating me would mean punishment. But they've begun to figure out I hide the marks and bruises from my father. Last time he saw me bruised and bloodied he went on a rampage. He had already been furious with the pack for letting someone kidnap me.
       I walk through the halls, keeping my eyes down. Most of the time if I didn't look at them, they didn't feel the need to do anything. I was almost to the classroom when I got punched in my ribs. It sent me flying into the wall. I groaned and looked to see who it was this time. I saw the black boots and cringed. Peter. Of course. Of all the people that made my life a living hell, Peter was the worst. He liked doing physical damage.
"Watch where you're going slut."
         He laughed as he walked into the room. Anna ran over and helped me up. I whimpered as I stood. I knew I had a few broken ribs, I could feel them. I walked in and smiled at Mrs. Roberts. She nodded and I saw sympathy in her eyes. She knew. But she also knew I didn't want my father to know.
"ALRIGHT. SIT DOWN!"
   She shouted and everyone sat down. Pregnant she-wolves were a force to be reckoned with.
"King Remington is here, and tonight is the Mate Ball! In exactly two hours, he will find his mate. Remember, whoever she is, is your queen. He's the king, so you think Alpha is possessive of his wife and daughter.... You've seen nothing. The Kings tend to be even more protective. So once he finds her, he will most likely want to kill anyone who so much as looks at her wrong."
      She went on and on, warning us what could happen if we crossed the King. If we did something to his mate. The school day ended and Anna went home with me. We were going to get ready with Tasha. I wasn't gonna lie, I was a bit excited. My mate could be at this ball. This could be it. Anna could find hers as well. She deserved a loving mate. She was a great woman.
        I ran to my room and sat by my vanity, smiling at Anna.
"Let me curl your hair!!!"
     I nodded. My raven colored hair was knee length and smooth as silk. It matched well with my delicate features, pale skin and gaint, innocent sapphire colored eyes. She finished my hair and clapped her hands as Tasha walked in dressed in her clingy silvery dress.
"Lets get you into your dress."
       I giggled and without thinking took the towel off. Tasha gasped as her eyes watered. I looked at the huge purple bruising on my side and quickly covered back up.
"Callie.... Why haven't you told Max? Or your Father?"
"I don't want to cause trouble. Daddy gets really mad. You remember what happened last time..."
    She sighed and nodded, she helped me slip into the silk sapphire gown. The gown clung to my body in the right places, accenting my soft curves, bringing out my pale skin and dark hair. My dark burgundy colored lipstick completing the dress. I looked like a fool, fragile and pretend. I had covered all the bruising on my shoulders with make up. The gown was sleeveless.
     I looked at Anna in her Scarlett cocktail dress and Tasha, they were both gawking at me in surprise. I blushed bright red.
"What?"
"Oh my god, Cal...... You're gorgeous! Your mate won't be able to resist you when he finds you!!"
    Anna gushed and Tasha giggled. There was a sudden knock on the door and Tasha grinned. She opened and threw herself in my brothers arms, getting a deep and possessive kiss from him.
"Ewwwww!!! Get a room!!"
    Anna said giggling like an idiot. My brother pulled away and stared at me.
"Cal.... Wow..... You look so grown up."
"Thanks. Can we go now, guys?"
"NOT UNTIL I GET PICTURES OF MY BABIES!!!"
   My mom screeched coming into view. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me, along with my father.
"Oh my...."
    She whispered and snapped the picture. After mom was finished we all headed down to the ballroom. Everyone was chattering excitedly about finding their mate or meeting the king.