8

I was slightly aware of Remmy coming back, and curling into the blanket more. The door slamming woke me up the rest of the way. I shot upright and looked at him as he stormed in, ripping his tie off.
"W....what?"
I whispered rubbing my eyes. They were sore and I knew they were puffy from all the crying. Remmy glanced at me and sighed as he shrugged off his suit jacket.
"Nothing. Are you better?"
"Um......"
I whispered softly, looking at my hands as I felt my eyes sting again. I swiped furiously at my tears trying to keep them hidden. Remmy looked at me sadly, his eyes reflecting my pain.
"Little love....... I'm sorry. I really am. But you're not ready for us to mate fully yet. You're frightened of the idea right now."
"You don't know anything. Nor do you take the time to let me tell you anything. I am not broken. I won't shatter when you touch me. Do you even want me?"
He looked at me, quite shocked at my tone. I'm pretty sure no one has ever talked to him this way before. I waited several minutes for his response before standing up and rushing past him to the bathroom. I slammed the door and locked it, sobs once again filling the silence. I heard a knock on our door and Remmy growl.
"WHAT?!"
I winced at his tone. It was sharp and angry, but at that moment I didn't care he was angry. He deserved it.
"Don't talk to your mother that way, son."
Someone retorted back equally as sharp and angry. I turned on the tub to drown out my cries. The pain I was feeling was crushing. After the tub was filled I turned the water off and sunk in the hot water. The sting of the water seemed to calm me a little.
"Sorry, Ma. I'm trying..... she's just..... I don't understand!"
I heard him growl as I sank under the water. I don't know how he couldn't understand what it felt like to think your mate didn't want you. I came up for a breath and began washing my hair.
"To her, it probably looks like you don't want her. You won't even touch her. What else is she supposed to think?"
"I don't know. I can barely think when she's around me!"
I could tell he was frustrated. There was shouting and I decided now I would get out of the bath. I quickly dressed and ran the brush through my ebony colored hair. I slowly opened the door and peeked out, the yelling and arguing stopped. All five people had their eyes on me.
"Cal.... Little mate. These are my parents, and my sister, Mel and her mate, Joshua."
"You're gorgeous!!"
His sister blurted out and I blushed as she giggled. His mother walked over and pulled me in for a tight, reassuring hug. I felt more relaxed and lighter in her arms. It was like she knew every ounce of fear and pain I had suffered the last twenty-four hours. His father was studying me quietly. Remmy sat on the bed, his eyes closed off and guarded.
"I'm so glad Remmy found you, sweetie. Be patient with him, hes like his father. If you ever need anything you come to me, and... Dear call me Jill."
"Okay... Thank you."
She smiled and stepped away. I slowly walked to the bed and crawled in it. Remmys mother looked at him and shook her head.
"You, my son..... Treat her like a princess. Start opening up and accept that maybe, just maybe she's ready. People surprise you all the time, Remmy."
"Mother....."
He warned, I could tell the topic made him uncomfortable. I had to confront him otherwise this would never get fixed.
"What do you find so damn revolting about me?! You barely look at me, you barely touch me! What did I do?!!! I never asked for it! It wasn't my choice!! I was a child!"
I screeched just as Anna came in, she grabbed me and tried helping me calm down. Remmy was on his feet, growling.
"What are you talking about?! Who did what?! Who touched you?!!"
I cowered into Anna and hid behind John. Remmy stood, his eyes red in his anger. I could see him arguing with his wolf. I liked his wolf, he didn't seem to mind me.
"I'm not.... I can't.... Anna... I need to..."
Before she could respond I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. I was frightened, overwhelmed and hurt. I dont know how long I ran, but I didn't stop until my lungs and muscles were screaming at me to rest. I sank to my bottom under a tree and covered my face with my hands and began sobbing again.  Something touched my arm gently, I jerked my head up and saw Mel.
"I.... I don't understand what I did."
"Oh, sweetie, you did nothing. My brother is an ass. He hasn't claimed you. So he's on edge. Hes fighting his wolf. For some reason Remmy thinks it's smart to push you away until he feels you're ready for him."
"But... I am. I just want..."
"I know you do. He's your mate, you'll always want that. Convincing him you're ready is going to be the thing. Dads talking to him. I know you also don't understand why his behavior torwards you has changed."
I nodded and sniffled wiping my nose and face. She sniffed the air all of a sudden and snapped her head toward me.
"Callie.....You're.... You're in heat. We need to get you back right now. All the unmated males will be coming after you.... Until he claims you."
Heat? Oh, that could be why I was so emotional and I felt warmer than usual, still it was weird I was in heat, when I haven't shifted yet for some unknown reason.
"Remmy is on his way, he'll be here soon. I'm going to keep you safe until then okay?"
"O...okay."
I stuttered as she got in a fighting stance. Suddenly a group of four males charged into the clearing. Mel growled loudly.
"Leave. This is the Kings woman."
"Hes not here, he hasn't claimed her. She's up for grabs, princess."
One of them laughed at her, she growled louder, preparing to shift. I backed up against a tree, Mel launched herself at one of the males, distracted as I watched her fight, I didn't notice the male that now stood in front of me, sniffing the air. He grabbed me up by my hair, pulling hard. I screamed in fear and started kicking at him.
"Let me go!!"
I screeched, Mel looked back and tried to get to me, but she was outnumbered by the other two. I struggled against his hold, trying to free myself. He laughed and ripped at my clothing. I screamed again as a claw scratched my now bare stomach. I kept trying to claw free, but it wasn't working. Why wasn't Remmy here yet? The man reached for my pants, I screamed louder, sobbing and begging him to leave me alone. A loud, angry growl filled the clearing and the man dropped me. My body started falling but then I landed in Remmys' arms.
He was very angry, I could feel the anger roll off him in waves.
"Cal. Did he.... Are you...."
"I'm fine. He didn't."
I replied shortly to him. He frowned and Mel kicked all three men in the crotch.
"Remington, stop being an ass and take her home and claim her before this happens again."
"Mel... It's..."
"No. Brother, she's ready. Shes in fucking heat. That wouldn't happen if she wasn't ready. Fix the situation, protect her. Dad told you. Now stop being a baby."
She growled at him as she ran off. Remmy sat down and cradled me.
"She's right you know? I'm ready. I just.... I'm so confused by you. You've been so closed off.... You don't show any affection...... On the way here..You were so...."
"I know, baby. I'm sorry. So sorry. Love, I just... I wanted you to be sure. Once I claim you, you're mine forever."
I shivered and moaned at the pleasure the thought brought me. His eyes glazed over as he sniffed the air.
"You're in heat... It has to be now..."
He growled out, roughly and trailed kisses down my neck.