6

I woke up to the sun warming my face slightly. Stretching I notice I'm alone, the bed is empty. Sighing I stand up and stretch again. A knock sounds on the door and in walks Anna.
"The King and John are with your father. Pack business. Let's go. You can shower and change there. I've been assigned as your personal guard."
        I nod and slip on my shoes. She smiles brightly. She seems a lot happier, more tame since meeting her mate. I'm glad. My friend deserves it, and I'm pretty confident he will treat her well. John seems like a loyal, loving man. Remmy trusts him with his life, and mine. Slipping in my room, I pull my dusty rose gown off and throw it to the floor.
      Sighing I turn ans look at myself in my full length mirror. I look horrific. Bruised and battered. My eyes sad and guarded. I run to my closet and pull out a tank and some jeans. I need to be comfortable today. Last night was huge. Traumatic even. I also need to wash off the feel of Peters hands tearing at my body, squeezing the life out of me.
       I walk into my bathroom and fill up my tub with warm water. Sighing, I sink into it and relax. I love baths. They often just give me space to calm. Slipping under the water, I stare at the ceiling, letting my mind empty. I come back up after several minutes and Tasha giggles.
"Clearing your mind?"
"Mhm. A lot happened."
"I know. But I will agree with John... That man loves you already. You've got a fierce ans strong mate. He will take care of you."
"I know.... Tasha why are you sad?"
"Well....sweetie.... You know you will be leaving with him right?"
"Yes. To his pack and the palace."
     I whisper and look away for my shampoo.
"Before you go, I want to tell you.... You're going to be an aunt."
"Does max know?"
"Not yet. I wanted to tell you first."
"Oh. Tasha. That's amazing!"
      I squeal and get to work on washing my hair. Afyer scrubbing my body several times I finally feel clean enough. Tasha hands me a towel and leaves my bathroom so I can dress. I quickly wiggle on my jeans and pull my tank top on. I turn and study myself in the mirror. It's like I've grown more over night. This top has gotten tight. Sighing, I walk out and Tasha giggles.
"You've grown. I think the king will like the top."
"Tasha.... It fit me a few days ago..."
     I groaned and slid on some flats. I looked at myself in the mirror again. I ran the brush through my hair and grab a hair tie, pulling it up and out of my face. Anna walked in and raised an eyebrow when she saw my clothes. Tasha giggled and stood up.
"Let's go. I'm thinking you're ready to see your mate."
      I nodded and skipped to the door. We walked down the hall, or well Tasha and Anna walked, I skipped in excitement. I know it had only been a few hours but I couldn't wait to see Remmy. We weren't even fully mated and I constantly wanted to be close to him. Remmy made me feel safe, when he was close I knew nothing would hurt me. He wouldnt allow it.
        Remmy was by far the nicest man I've met other than my father and brother. I didn't know many people. John was in the hall when we got to my father's office. He laughed when I skipped up to him and scrunched my face. Then he got a look at my outfit and frowned slightly.
"He's not going to be happy you're walking around in that top."
"It fit two days ago! I like it! Leave me alone!!!"
       I screeched and Anna looked at me shocked. Tasha was giggling.
"She's cranky because they haven't mated yet. Its normal, Anna."
       I looked away ashamed. I held back the tears and bit my lip. John noticing the look on my face started backtracking. My emotions were everywhere since meeting Remmy. It was frustrating.
"My queen.... I didn't mean...."
"I know.... I don't know what's going on..."
      I sniffled and swiped at my tears. John began looking more and more nervous. Tasha did as well. I took a few deep breaths and blinked away the last few tears.
"I'm going to go see him now."
       John nodded, not wanting to upset me further. Anna moved to his side and grabbed his hand. Tasha followed me inside, we found my brother, father and Remmy deep in discussion at my fathers desk. When I entered Remmys head snapped in my direction, his eyes raking over my body hungrily. They switched between their normal color and silver.
"Little wolf.... What are you wearing?"
"Clothes."
        I replied shortly, my temper flaring again. My father looked at me curiously.
"That shirt, love. It should be worn when I can walk around with you. You're not marked yet. So to other unmated males... You're up for grabs."
"S....s...sorry."
        I mumbled, my tears spilling down my cheeks again. Remmy jumped up and ran over. Cupping my face in his hands, he used his thumb to brush the tears away.
"Little love..... I'm sorry. I know you aren't feeling yourself. Its because we aren't fully mated. I dont intend to mark and claim you until you tell me you're ready. Until then, we will find a way to help you feel less emotional like this."
"Okay.... Can we sit?"
"Of course."
       He sat down and tugged me into his lap. My brother and father grinning. They have worked with Remmy before and never seen him this gentle and caring. I snuggled into his chest breathing in. Being close made me feel less all over the place.
"Cal, sweetie... You know, you have to leave to his pack when he has to go?"
"I do daddy. I'm excited. It's the beginning of new friends. No one there has mistreated me."
     Remmy growled lowly and my father sighed.
"Little love, we leave this evening. My family wants to meet you, our pack needs an introduction. We must plan the coronation, Luna ceremony and our wedding. All this will happen after I claim and mark you, however. Is this okay?"
"Yes, Remmy, it's fine. I would love to meet your family."
"Alright. Go get packed, baby."
      I slid off his lap after giving him a light kiss on his cheek. Anna and Tasha came with me to help.