18

As time passed, my stomach rounded and our baby grew rapidly. Remmy grew more anxious and protective. In fact, most male wolves around me grew overprotective. The magic that surged through my body grew wild as my pregnancy progressed. Each day I discovered a new gift. Remmy grew anxious, which was normal.
"How are you feeling today, darling?"
     My father smiled at me and hugged me gently, him and my brother had been extremely helpful to Remmy lately. Remmy actually had grow close to my brother and father and it made me happy that they got along.
"I'm good papa."
    My father was just as protective as Remmy sometimes. Them being overprotective did make me angry and Remmy and I fought about it plenty. We fought a lot lately in fact. He was so stressed with trying to train wolves and prepare them for the inevitable. He barely seemed to have time for me anymore and it frustrated me to no end. My father patted my hand gently and left when my brother came in. They often switched gaurd detail.
"Okay. Let's talk for real. Remmys been kind of ignoring you lately. I've barely seen you guys talk other than to argue."
"I just figured he was stressed and I'm so tired of fighting. But... Something just..."
"Youre heavily pregnant, and you need your mate. It's normal. Why don't you go talk to...."
     His words trailed off as a note flew in my window. I shivered and grabbed it, curious to see what it said.

Little Wolfling,
Your time there is coming to an end. You shall be mine. I am coming for you. Your life at the palace is over. The truth will come soon. See you my red wolf.
Paul.

    I started to panic, my hands shaking. My brother growled as he read over the note. Paul had been the man to take me when I was younger. I didnt understand why he was coming after me again. My arms cradled my stomach protectively.
"We have to give this to Remmy. Come on. I'm not leaving you alone."
     I followed my brother, focusing on staying calm. I knew the baby could feel everything I was feeling. The doctor warned me that too much stress would hurt her. My brother grabbed a few extra gaurds on our way to Remmys office, added protection was his reasoning. I just went along with it. Once in front of the office door, my brother knocked loudly and quickly. My father opened the door, he looked exhausted, stressed and defeated.
"What's going on you two?"
"Dad. We were in her room talking and this came in from the window.... Remmy needs to see it."
     My father snatched the letter and growled when he read it. I could see how pissed he was. I hid behind a gaurd, who tensed when he noticed how uneasy I was suddenly. My father disappeared, slamming the door hard. I flinched and kept myself hidden. There was a growl and something shattered. That I knew was Remmy. My father came back out, his lip bloodied. He ran to me and drug me into Remmys office with my brother following behind. The guards posted themselves outside the door.
      What caught my attention was a half shifted Remmy and broken glass. He was clearly angry. I walked over to him slowly amd he pulled me against his chest, burrying his nose in my hair.
"Remmy....."
"He won't get to you, love. No one will take you two from me."
     He growled placing his hand on my stomach. I felt the baby respond to his touch, which always made him smile.  However, I noticed that Remmy had cut his hand in the glass. Sighing, I turned to my brother.
"Can you grab the aid kit?"
    My brother left and I kissed Remmys hand. He knew I hated it when he did this kind of stuff. I was also restless. My wolf knew something was coming. Something big. My brother walked back in and handed me bandages. I wrapped his hand and kissed his palm.
"Please don't hurt yourself, Remmy. I know you're stressed but I don't like it. Since you don't want me using magic right now, please..."
"Alright, my love. I'll be more careful."
     He pulled me into his lap with a sigh. My brother started discussing strategy with him. I tuned it out, resting in my mates arms. The full moon was in a few days and I had a feeling this one had some surprises in store for us all. Some good and some hard. However we would make it out okay in the end. I felt the baby twist and placed Remmys hand on my stomach. He hummed letting me know he felt it. He felt our pup dancing in my stomach, thriving and developing. Soon she would be born. Soon we would learn if she would be gifted like me. Leaning against Remmy, I closed my eyes and drifted off slightly when my father came and joined the planning.