Chapter 1

So originally I was going to have her go to Cambridge, but it's a bit hard for me to do actual accurate research on that college so I created a fictional university which is so much easier actually. I know theres a Marin college, so it’s Marin UNIVERSITY. Also whats italicized is like a flashback or just a key part ok.

Oh and Camrenah (ot3)- I mean Aaliyah, Ariana, and Lena are on the side okkk.

Chapter 1

10 months ago

"Why can't we just say goodbye tomorrow? Like at the airport or something?"

"Tall, dark, mysterious..."

"Crazy for you."

"But beware..."

"Beware..."

"Oh my lord, Aaliyah Jane Hawthorne I swear if you don't wake up," a completely different voice intervened, creating a resonating ring in my ears as my strangely vivid dream faded away from my vision.

My fingers curled as I hummed from waking up. I knew then that it was my mom who had awoken me. I groaned and turned over, squinting my eyes against the harsh light.

I bit back swear words and said with my arm raised to conceal my eyes, "God, make the light go, please."

I could barely make out my mom putting her hands on her hips in exasperation. "You've got a big day today, honey, and don't act like you don't know it."

I just hadn't thought about it.

My head fell back and I moaned in misery as I did remember. "Oh, no."

"Oh, yes," she opposed.

I whined, rolling over so my face was in the pillow and she sighed.

"Liyah, stop being a baby and get in the shower. You have a flight in two hours. That gives you an hour to dress and you better have packed already."

I raised myself and said, "Or I could just take the year off instead."

Her look became almost sympathetic. "Honey, you chose to go to college and you chose for it to be in England." She began to move around my bed to the door. "Be ready soon."

I frowned and then went back to making displeased sounds into my pillow.

-

"I still can't believe you're going to England," Lena said with a shake of her head as we were wrapped in covers laying across from each other. Ariana of course was there too.