Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It's been two months since school started. I've found I'm relatively good in all my classes, thankfully. I had a crew of friends: Lexi, Sasha, Ronnie, and Jade. I'd introduced the one pair to the other and we all hit off quite well. Ronnie and Jade however tend to drift off on their own, but I had no problem with it. They were close friends who liked to chill just the two of them which I guess is their thing.

"So, it's midterm," Sasha smirked.

"Yeah, how you doing, baby doll?" Lexi asked as they were on their break. We sat at a table together, them with drinks, but I with nothing since I'd already spent money that day. I love being friends with them partly because every now and then they'll allow me to have a few things "on the house," but I understand as they've made it clear they can't do it all the time.

"I'm..." I sighed softly. "I'm doing good in all my classes except Psychology."

Lexi frowned. "Isn't that your major?"

Sasha hummed and nodded in synchronized pondering.

I covered my face. "Yeah. It is." I sighed again, covering my face with my hair. "My teacher said I need to raise my grade before the final end of the term or I'll have to find a different major."

"What's your grade?"

"I'm just barely grazing a C minus, but sadly my grade isn't that high," I admitted shyly.

"Ooh," Lexi said with a hurt expression, mirrored by Sasha. "That's not good."

"Definitely not good," Sasha agreed.

"I know!"

"What'd we miss?" Ronnie's thick accent questioned as Jade took a seat next to me and Ronnie snatched a chair from an empty table to set it at the end of the table.

"Aaliyah's having troubles with her major," Sasha filled in.

Ronnie's eyebrow raised. "Oh," she said.

My eyes caught on a little bruise on Jade's neck and I wondered why I hadn't noticed it earlier. My lips began to tighten into a smug smirk. "Hey, Jade?"

"Yeah?" she said, looking at me with such benign brown eyes.

I glanced back at the mark. "Mind telling us who did that to your neck?" I raised an eyebrow suggestively and winked.

The other three looked at her neck too and her eyes widened as she reached her hand up to her neck trying to cover it. "U-Uh," she glanced at Ronnie nervously and Ronnie just shrugged with a "you're on your own" look. It was cute how close they were. "N-No one," she stuttered.

"Oh, it's someone," Lexi persisted.

We all giggled and Ronnie added in, "She refuses to tell me. But I'd bet it's Niall."