Chapter 8

PLANET GREEN EYES ON THE SIDE (or top? idk, I forget how updated wattpad works lmao).

Chapter 8
Before we knew it, Christmas had arrived. I was very prepared for the holiday and knew what I wanted to get everyone. I had already bought most of them, anyways, honestly.

A lot of my time I spent with Zayn and family. I saw the girls in between, but they were aware of me being theirs alone once Christmas passed.

It was so liberating, knowing that the man I was in love with, loved me back. I couldn't have been happier. I skyped him frequently at night, so my heart didn't miss him too much. We were both enjoying time with our own family and friends, and I guess all couples deserve a bit of time away from each other.

Before I even knew it, it was New Years Eve. I couldn't believe a new year was ahead. 2016, huh.

I was gazing off into oblivion when my phone buzzed, causing me to jump. I looked at the screen and saw it was Lena calling so I answered. "Hello?"

"Babe! Remember Justin?" she asked after answered, skipping the usual greeting.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I do." Justin, aka, Ariana's first boyfriend. The entire thing was hideous if you ask me. I guess they were maybe cute to some degree, but their personalities just didn't fit together in my opinion, and I was proven right when they broke up eventually. The two didn't have any bad blood, and I didn't necessarily dislike him, I just didn't necessarily like him either.

"Well, he's having a New Years party tonight and everyone's invited. Ari and I are going, so you need to get your ass there, too," she instructed while I began to absent mindedly play with my hair.

I thought of the last time I went to the party and made a thoughtful humming sound. "I don't think so," I said finally.

"Liyah!" she whined.

"Look, Lena, I'm not feelin' it," I explained, shrugging and getting up. I decided I should go to a café and study or something since I wasn't getting anything done here. "Parties just aren't my thing." It was a pretty true statement. Even before I had tried to get into them at college (where I was nearly raped) I had never really been a huge party girl. I guess it just wasn't who I am.

"Come ooon! It'll be fun and we won't let anything happen to you, I swear!" she promised.

I narrowed my eyes. "Oh really? So if a cute guy comes up to you, you'll reject him so we can hang out?" I pulled my jacket on and found my Bluetooth earpiece (which I hated, but I believe in safe driving).

There was the briefest moment of silence and I could practically hear her rolling her eyes at how well I knew her. "Okay, maybe not, but you can still be cautious. Just don't like, drink anything. Problem solved," she suggested, as if it were so easy.

I got in my car and sighed. "I'll think about it." I didn't really mean it, but it was enough to get her to hang up and leave me alone if I knew her at all.

As predicted she squealed in excitement as if I had said yes (when I didn't!). "Okay, okay!" she giggled. "I'm gonna go look for something hot to wear, alright?"

I shook my head. In all honesty, Lena looked hot in everything. She has a skinny build, but a curvy figure, so everything fits her in a way that causes eyes to follow. "Alright. Now, I'm gonna go study and indulge in a frappe."

"Boooriiing!" she droned.

I agreed with her with a nod of my head. "Yeah. It's college."

She laughed and hung up eventually. I drove off to my destination with all my notes and reading in a backpack, to do as I had said and get me a drink.