Chapter 7

This is a bit short, also I wrote it I think within the span of the past hour and a half? I'm about to edit it, but I'm gonna try to update weekly. I swear next chapter is way more interesting, okay? Zauren shippers might like this chap ayyee. Italics is the dream. (Oh yeah, song on the side is just how Aaliyah feels for Zayn tbh, but the dream part fits well with her dreaming) Also meadow Liyah I guess aha

Chapter 7

Being at home was suddenly a completely different experience; it was like that last time, too.

After living in England I had adapted so quickly to the atmosphere there, so now everything I knew before was a little stranger than when it was all that I knew. American accents weren't strange to me; that's kind of from knowing Sasha and Lexi, plus a few others. What was strange, however, was the lack of English accents. If it weren't for Zayn it'd probably be even weirder for me.

It was also the other tiny, but major things about the transition that made things funny. For example, switching from pounds back to dollars, or the sides of the roads that we drove on. I was going to have to get used to America again so these trips weren't so disruptive to me. Maybe over the summer I'd spend all my time here again.

Seeing my girls again was definitely a great relief. We made plans for sleepovers like the old days once Zayn was gone, but while he was still accompanying me I was going to show him around since last time we were only here for a day.

My trip was started off roughly with a strange dream, though. 

The party was amazingly loud as everything around me seemed to be pumping with the bass. I looked around, but my vision was strangely hazy. My mind was feeling a little fuzzy, so I knew right away that I must've been tipsy.

"Aaliyah."

I turned around, staggering with my steps. I blinked my eyes as I saw a kaleidoscope of the person.

Looks like I'm straight up drunk.

I made a sound in the back of my throat and wasn't sure who I was talking to. "Uh, yeah?" I rubbed my eyes and rubbed my collarbone. The features on the guy were hard to make out, but I had this itching feeling he was good looking. He smiled at me, revealing dimples. I tilted my head to the side and stared at him, trying to squint so I could see him better. My vision was falling sideways strangely and then suddenly there was a blackness in my vision.

Strong arms encased me, saying, "Shit." I pouted to myself and wondered how they were talking to me. "I think we need to get you out of here," the arms continued.

I snickered. "Whatever is cool with me big guy." There was a sigh and I swallowed, tiredly. I yawned as suddenly the loud, crowded party atmosphere dissipated and there was a quiet sound in my ears.

Silence, practically.

I opened my eyes, looking around. We were in a meadow, me in his arms on his abdomen. I sat up and glanced back at him. His face still looked a little blurry as he looked out. "H-How did we get here?"

There it was again. That dimple. "I brought you to some peace." I looked around at the blue sky, the green grass and the different colored flowers dotted around us. "Nice innit?"

I was struggling to process everything as I nodded slowly in agreement. "Very." I looked down at the ground, a deep frown of confusion imprinted into my expression. "How did...we get here, though?" I turned my head back to him and had to pinch an eye closed to see him, since the sun blazed behind conveniently. His face was still hard for me to really make out. I could see his eyes and nose and all, that dimple and his mouth especially, but I couldn't see his eye color or their details. It was like a blurry low quality photo.