Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Without the letters from the mystery writer advancing, I had decided to keep seeing Zayn.

And it was one of the best decisions I'd ever made.

I honestly can't say I'm falling for him, because I knew that I was already in love with him. When I'd first realized it I'd been visiting his home with him over thanksgiving break and I still have yet to tell him. I wasn't sure if the feelings were mutual, but I didn't let myself back out, out of anxiety. Hopefully he did love me back.

I was still close friends with my girls. One thing I'd learned about my Zayn was that he and Ronnie had previously had a thing, but they both seemed past it. That made things easy for me and not awkward. They seemed genuine about it too. She didn't seem one bit interested in him or spiteful about us being together and it made me incredibly happy to be so blessed with such incredible new friends.

Speaking of, it was a few days till I took off to go back home for winter break. Zayn would be with me and my family for a few days or maybe a week, but I wanted to be there the full break. I hardly saw them last break. It was time I found my family reunion.

"Are you sure you don't want to just come home with me for the last week? I promised Trish you'd be with her on Christmas anyways," I smiled as I packed my suitcase.

I glanced over at Zayn on Ronnie's bed who laid in a leisure. He smirked. "So now you're on a first name basis with her?" he questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "Babe, you were actually there when she said, 'now, dear, you can call me Trish, alright?'" I quoted, trying to imitate her accent.

Zayn snickered. "That was so awful I'm almost offended," he criticized.

I slackened my arms and gave him a dry look. He only laughed and then sat up. "Come over here." He motioned with his hand and I side glanced him as I set down the cloth in my hands, walking towards him. When I was in front of him he pulled me down into his lap and I giggled, laying my head against his shoulder. He kissed my forehead.

"I would do that, but you have to remember we already agreed on this plan."

I sighed, making a face. He was right. I'd told him that this was the best idea, but I regret it now. "Yeah, I guess." I paused. "I was just hoping we could have a New Years kiss..." I trailed off, feeling wistful. I wish I'd thought of it earlier because he did seem right. It was unfair to make him drop our plans and waste the ticket he'd already bought just for a petty kiss.

He frowned and then his knuckles brushed along my cheek. "Oh." He shook his head and looked down into my eyes. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "I wish..." He sighed and I felt guilty so I stretched my neck so I could kiss him. The kiss was forgiving and gentle. I looked up into his brown eyes and smiled at him.

"Don't wish." I shook my head at him, putting my hand on the side of his face. "We can always try a New Year kiss some other time," I joked. He chuckled and I bit my lip. "Besides. I can kiss you here." I pressed my lips against his again, our mouths parting. I straightened my back and wrapped my arms around his neck. My fingers found their way into his hair while his did the same to me.

The door opened in that moment and I heard the sounds of disgust come from my roommate. "Gross! Not on my bed!"

Zayn and I stopped, my head falling forward into his shoulder as I laughed. "Shit, we're busted!"

Ronnie huffed and came over to us, whacking us with her jacket.

"Ah!" I squealed as she shooed us away.