01 | The Maid

Bella

I closed my eyes as I thought of how my fate kept playing the dirty game with my life without showing any mercy. At the point, I couldn't blame anyone but myself. I had no one left to blame. Life was taking sharp turns overnight without sparing me a second to take in what was going on and what I should do. I felt like losing myself which I hated the most. I thought I was strong enough to fight every obstacle coming in my way to reach the top of success. But all the time, I was so wrong.

My phone started to ring in my pocket. Sighing, I took my phone out to look at the caller ID. Unknown number. Was I surprised though? That wasn't a new thing to get calls from different people all around the world demanding their very own money which my father wasn't able to repay. I didn't have idea from where they used to get my number.

Receiving the call, I brought my phone to my ear. Before I could respond, someone from the other side started to growl.

"When are you going to give my money back? It's been more than 2 years. I won't take any of your fucking excuses this time."

Oh so he didn't know.

"I'm sorry sir. But it's Bella Bianchi. My father is no more," I didn't know how to feel when the words left my mouth. Maybe because I never knew what it felt like to have a father.

"Oh. So that bastard decided to leave the earth this soon without giving my money back?" The Man growled as if nothing really happened. Now what was I even expecting from all-time-drunk people. The way he slurred, made it clear.

"You don't have to worry sir. I will give your money back. Just text me the amount." I knew I couldn't but I had to give back their money. No more flying from this country to that country to hide myself.

"Ehh.. do you have any idea how much he had to repay? $6,000!! I need my money as soon as possible or I'll keep adding more, " saying that, he cut the call.

$6,000. I wrote down the amount in the list of the people who didn't get repaid in my notepad.

"Umm excuse me. Can I have a milkshake please? The regular one okay?" Someone asked me from behind.

I knew the voice. Turning around,I smiled at Ria,the only friend of mine.

"Sure ma'am. You need anything else?" I asked teasingly.

"If only it's for free." She winked at me. I couldn't do anything but laugh. Whenever she came, she used to say the same thing to lit up my mind. She knew without her, I never had time to even smile.

"How much this time?" She asked,but now in a serious tone. I knew what she was talking about.

"$6,000," I sighed and looked down to prepare her order. The cafeteria today didn't look so crowded.

"How are you going to do all this Bella? I mean really! Everything has limits! You know you can't pay anymore. You already do two jobs all day and night. You have to pay for your studies. And then every second day, some drunk assholes call you out of nowhere to pay your father's debt-" I cut her before she could continue anymore.

"If only it's for free." She winked at me. I couldn't do anything but laugh. Whenever she came, she used to say the same thing to lit up my mind. She knew without her, I never had time to even smile.