I was nervous having to go on a plane alone. This wasn't my first time flying, but doesn't make it less nerve wracking. My mom had to go to work so she only helped me with my luggage and told me how to find where I need to go. As I boarded the plane (I was lucky to have a window seat), I noticed that I was seated next to a middle aged women. She seemed like she was alright so I was a bit more at ease...but still terribly anxious sitting next to a stranger.

When the plane lifted, so did the butterflies in my stomach. As the plane got higher and higher I could feel my ears pop. I opened the window on my right to see we were already in the clouds. Now only to survive for the next few hours.

I opened my eyes quickly at the feeling of someone lightly shaking me awake. Oh I feel asleep. I looked to my left and saw the same woman from earlier smile at me slightly. I saw the seat belt sign was flickering orange meaning we were landing. That seemed quick...okay I guess I slept through most of it. Once I got off and g̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ found my luggage I made my way towards the entrance of the airport. I was told that someone would escort me to the ferry. I looked around for any indication that someone was here for me. I saw some families reunite and what seemed to be best friends. How sweet.

My eyes almost finished scanning the crowd before landing on an older gentleman who held a sign with my name on it. I walked towards him, my luggage dragging behind me. He was dressed super formally which wasn't too unusual I guess. Now was the hard part...communicating.

"U-uhm," I mumbled as I stood in front of him and he stared down at me. Jeeze he was tall.

"You must be miss (l/n)," He stated. I nodded, not used to the formalities. "Please follow me, this way." He lead me to what seemed was a small black car, he proceeded to open the back door for me and took my luggage into the trunk. The ride was smooth and it was awkwardly quiet...okay maybe I was the only one feeling awkward but still. I stared out the window watching the strange sights. Kids seemed to be dressed differently than from America, but not too much. The scenery was quite different as well. It was more rainy and more ocean.

It took only 30 minutes to get to the ferry boarding. The formal escort helped me get the luggage onto the small boat and left soon after. I gave the ticket to the ticket master before I boarded and I was left to myself sitting on a fairly empty ferry. The rain seemed to let up and it became unbelievably sunny, a nice change of pace. I closed my eyes to take in the warm feeling, a small smile making its way onto my face. It was finally happening. I was almost to this school and so far the trip was really fun. I wonder what the other kids are gonna be like.

It took 20 minutes of me sitting by myself until the ferry started to drift to where I assume the island would be. Not many people got on after me...or where on before me. It looked like a small family was here, presumably for vacation. Then a man who seemed to perhaps be a resident of the island. The ride was dreadfully long...or maybe I was just super excited. Maybe a mix of the both. The ferry also seemed to be awfully slow, just slowly lurching forward towards its destination. Finally after what seemed to be a decade the boat lurched to a stop. The captain letting us off.

Exiting the ferry in excitement I looked around, realizing I have no way of finding the school. I was stuck on foreign land with no clue where to go. I could ask someone here...but that would include interaction with strangers. Plus I'm in Wales, what if they speak Welsh or something? Looking around I noticed a falcon of some sort flying above with the rest of the birds. Wow that's a ton of birds. I looked around, mostly seeing green hills and grey cloudy skies. It also seemed to be terribly more foggy than the mainland. This small island definitely had a depressing air to it.

For some reason I thought I would have an escort here but I didn't see anyone waiting. A frown etched it's way onto my face as panic started to set it. I kept looking around for a sign from who knows what leading me to where I need to go. Yet out of nowhere I hear a sharp "PST!" I looked to my right to see a teenage girl waving at me from the woods.

She had long brown hair with a matching pair of brown eyes. It made her seem warm for some reason. The dress she wore stood out the most though. It looked to be vintage, no one would be caught dead wearing something like that now a days. At least if you didn't want to be bullied. She waved me over and started to walk off before I even started making my way towards her.

"H-hey wait up!" I called out stumbling over myself. "Are you from the school?"

I saw her look back at me in confusion before once again motioning me to follow her, which I still was doing. "Hurry up," She spoke out, her voice slightly sharp. Her appearance may seem warm but she surely wasn't. She lead me away from the village and towards a denser forest. Was she going to murder me? Out of the blue she started to jump on certain areas, harder for me to do while carrying my heavy suitcase. She entered this weird cave looking thing, oh hell no. She thinks I'll follow her in there? As if!

"What are you waiting for?" I heard her voice ask me from the cave. "We're almost to the...school." I stood there staring at the entrance for a good minute. Not only was it a tight fit, but it was incredibly dark. My brain was red flagging the whole situation. Suddenly I saw a faint light come from the back of the tunnel. Okay I should turn around.

She reemerged from the tunnel with a slight scowl. She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the tunnel. In her other hand was...fire? Wait what. T-that's not... Okay what the hell is happening. The hand that held mine was ungodly hot. So that means she can...make fire? How is that even possible? Well I somehow teleported or something so I guess I can't say anything. We got to the back of the cave only for her to turn around and exit it. By then she let go of my hand, but she was carrying light so I didn't want to get left in the dark. Literally.

Yet instead of seeing the normal gloomy scenery like I thought I would...it was much different.