11

When I woke up my mind was oddly blank. I was just so tired and I wanted nothing more but to enter back into my already forgotten dream. Yet I got up anyways knowing that I have my first lesson with Miss P. I got dressed in just the usual and groggily made my way to her office. I gave two sharp knocks as she permitted me to enter. 

"Good morning miss (l/n)," She said with a curt nod. 

"Good morning," I replied back trying to hold back my yawn. 

"Today we are going to try and expand your peculiarity and see what your limit is," She explained. "First lets start with drawing in the shadows, try to cover this room in darkness."

I nodded and closed my eyes trying to concentrate on the shadows to cover the room. It was hard for me due to how tired I felt but once I opened my eyes I noticed the room was dark. Yet I could still see in it. 

Miss P let out a puff of smoke from her pipe, "Okay good job, you may release it now." I cleared my mind and so did the room. "Now try to absorb all the shadows in the room."

I imagined that I was like some sort of vacuum and tried to bring the shadows to me yet nothing happened. Why can't I do it? I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to focus even harder but it felt like my brain is just frizzling. 

"That's enough dear," Miss P said stopping me. "No need to overwork yourself. You see our peculiarities are like muscles, if you overwork it you could be hurt dastardly. I think that's enough for today."

"Uhm, Miss P," I called out. "I have a question."

"Go ahead," She smiled.

I inhaled a deep breath before saying, "Why can't the others leave this loop?"

She let out a long sigh, "I see. The reason the others can't leave is because they would die. If they are in present time for too long they will age up rapidly and turn to dust." Oh jeeze, so once you're here you really can't leave. Wait that means I'll never see my mother again, I'm stuck here living the same day over and over again.

"You must understand miss (l/n)," Miss P told me with a stern look. "There are worse things out there that want to hurt us then just the people. This loop is here to protect us from those monsters and I can't have you endangering the other children." 

"D-don't worry miss," I slightly stuttered. I just wanted an explanation. I guess I can't leave now, I do hope mom won't worry too much. 

"Now how about you go eat lunch," She said with a tired smile. I got up and left to the kitchen. Y'know I haven't seen Millard around much lately, where could he go off to? I made myself a sandwich, the only other person in the room being Hugh.

"Hey," I waved. He nodded in response. "Have you seen Millard?" 

"Not exactly. He is invisible,"  He replied with a smirk. Okay he's a smartass.

"Not what I meant," I said crossing my arms. 

"You called m'lady," Millard spoke up out of nowhere. Must've just entered. 

"I just noticed that you haven't been around in the past couple days," I shrugged going to get myself something to drink.

"That's my cue to leave," Hugh mumbled giving us both a knowing look. Good God I hope Emma didn't start any rumors, or maybe the kids just really want some drama. 

"Ah see that my dear," Millard started, I could tell he seemed to be proud about whatever he was about to say next. Wait did he say my dear- "I am making the most detailed account of September 3rd, 1940. I will be seen as an amazing scholar and my work will be shared throughout loops all over the world!" 

"So you study everyone on the island?" I asked dumbing it down for myself. 

"Pretty much," He said.

"And you're naked once again?" I asked raising an eyebrow,  a small smile making its way onto my face.

"...yup," He sighed dejectedly. I let out a small chuckle shaking my head. "Is that really all you got from that?" I could practically hear his pout. 

"No, what you're doing sounds pretty neat," I smiled cleaning my dishes. 

"W-w-would you like to come with me?" He asked stuttering. Why was he stuttering?

"Sure, why not?" I asked.

"Because its a total bore," Emma laughed as she walked in. 

"No it's not," Millard said defensively. 

"How would she not skew your results?" Emma asked with a raised eyebrow. "She's not invisible like you."

"Did you forget she's an umbrakinesis?" Millard asked. He really wanted me to go with him huh? "She can hide herself in the shadows."

"I'm sure it can't be that bad," I shrugged drying my hands off. "When are you heading off next?"

"After I eat," Millard said making something. I sat with him and we talked a bit more about what he studies. He's gotten a ton done that's for sure, but I guess that would happen when you have nothing to do for centuries. Turns out he's almost done studying pigs, now I'm not too fond of those things but I guess it's better than nothing. After he was done we made our way down onto the island, which made me realize that I haven't seen much besides the kids home. 

"You haven't had a tour of the island yet have you?" Millard asked. 

"Nope," I replied, popping the p. 

"How about I take you on a tour than?"

"Sounds like fun!" I laughed a bit. 

"Then follow me miss," I imagined him to be bowing at the moment. 

"Uhm..." I mumbled not exactly knowing how that would work out since I can't really see him.

"Oh right," He sounded disappointed. "U-uh here, just so you don't get lost." I felt someone grab my hand, well I guess that someone is Millard. I felt myself get flustered as I've never held a guys hand...or anyone's after I was seven. I nervously fidgeted with the hem of my shirt with my free hand. Millard showed me around the village and the little shops that were there. Then the beach and the green hills that were actually cliffs and I may have almost fell over. Not once did he let go of my hand and I grew comfortable. In fact I found it quite pleasant. You have to understand I felt disappointed that he let go when we got back to the house. 

It was a perfect day though if you ask me.