The gloomy island was now bright and vibrant. Much different than before. The birds sounded much friendlier than before and I could even hear the faint sound of sheep. Looking ahead of her she noticed the strange girl standing before her with an eyebrow raised.

"Sorry for the rude introduction," She started. "Miss P. doesn't like us children being out there for too long." This raised many question's. Why doesn't she like them being out for too long? What does she mean by out there? The village? "Let's get going, Miss P is waiting for us."

"O-okay," I stuttered nervously. "I-I'm (y/n) by the way."

"Emma, nice to meet you," The girl, Emma, replied. We walked to who knows where in a relatively comfortable silence. She seemed nice, just not good with people at first I guess, or under stress. We got out of the...bog (?) and ended up in front of a very intact old looking building. It looked like something from my history books! The house was very nice along with it's yard. It was filled with hedges that were cut to look like something. It was almost too nice. There seemed to be a vegetable garden along with a flower one.

An older looking women was stood in front, like she was waiting for us to come. She seemed to be in her 50's with graying hair. She wore all black in, once again, a vintage looking dress. A smile adorned her stern features as she saw us walk up to her.

"Thank you Miss Bloom," She spoke out softly. Emma nodded at the two of us and walked away. "I'm glad you made it safely Miss (l/n)."

"T-thank you," I replied fiddling with my large shirt I chose to wear.

"How about I show you to your room?" She asked, but it sounded more like a command. I nodded and she lead me upstairs. Walking down the long hallway, she stopped and opened the door to her left. Holding it open for me to go in first, she explained, "This is where you will be staying. After you get settled in I would like to see you in my office. It's the downstairs to the right, you can't miss it for it's the only room with double doors."

I nodded in understanding, "Okay, thank you again." With that said she left giving me one last smile. I turned around and started to remove my clothes from my suitcase. I put them in the dresser according what it was. Pants in the bottom drawer, shirts in the middle and so on. It didn't take me too long to finish. I looked around my new room to make sure I remember it. The wallpaper was a light baby blue with white trim. I had a window with white lacy curtains. I looked out the window and saw that I had a nice view of a hedge that seemed to recreate Adam, from that one famous painting, oh what was it called again? Who cares, not like I need to know that.

That when I noticed some kids playing outside. When I say kids I mean children. Two girls sat outside playing with porcelain dolls. One girl looked to be about 6 with perfect blonde curls. The other seemed to be about 7 with long brown hair and a bright tiara. Was she wearing metal shoes? The brown haired girl seemed to see me and her eyes widened. She went to whisper to the other girl and they both looked up at me. Oh dear what do I do?

I waved, a nervous smile automatically lining my face. They seemed to get even more excited as they waved back at me. I then went downstairs to find Miss Peregrine's office. Yet with my terrible luck I managed to get myself lost. Great. I kept trying to find a room with double doors but I'd end up somewhere that I've never been before. I tried to go back to where I started but I couldn't remember which hallway I went down. I kept staring at the fork in the...house? Until I heard a high pitched voice.

"Are you new?" I turned around to see the two girls from before.

"Y-yes I am," I stuttered back, embarrassed that I was lost. To be fair it was a large house. Wait what kind of boarding school is this? Is it for all ages?

"Nice to meet you! I'm Olive and this is Claire," The brown haired girl, Olive, introduced.

"Nice to meet you as well," I mumbled fiddling with my fingers slightly. "I'm (y/n)."

"There you are!" I heard the familiar voice of Emma call. I turned around to see her in the left hallway. "Miss P. sent me to find you! Afraid you got lost...which seems to be the case."

"Sorry!" I exclaimed feeling my cheeks heat up. "This house is really big."

She laughed slightly and shook her head, "Don't worry, I'll show you the way."

Man I've been having to follow someone an awful lot huh. We went quite a bit the opposite way until we stood in front of two huge double doors. Yeah I have no clue how I missed this. She knocked on the door before saying, "Miss P. I found (y/n)."

"Come in," I heard the older lady reply. I entered and Emma once again left us alone closing the doors. "Take a seat, we have a lot to chat about."