The next day was much more less energy draining. I felt the random urge to read so I tried to find the library. I wonder what kind of books they had in 1940s. After running into some empty rooms I managed to find the library on my own, which I was super proud of. Looking around on the shelves there were many nonfiction works. How fun. Note the sarcasm. I want to read some fantasy book but so far I can't find any. I frowned as the urge to read kept gnawing at me.

"(L/n)?" I heard a voice ask. "A pleasant surprise." I turned around and saw, well no one. So that must mean Millard, plus his voice was recognizable.

"W-wait are you naked?" I asked in embarrassment, I felt my cheeks warm up as I closed my eyes. Then he burst into laughter making me feel more embarrassed so I covered my face with my hands.

"Y-you can't see me so why are you so embarrassed?" He asked still not recovering from his laughter.

"W-well, it's just the fact that I know your naked," I tried to explain. "It's weird."

"I think you're the weird one here," He snorted. "But I'll go put some clothes on, I'll be right back."

I looked back at the shelves not knowing what I should read. All the books seemed to be dusty and the covers looked so boring. Yes I judge books by the cover, sue me. I let out a bored sigh as I walked around with no destination. I then walked by a nice fireplace with two loveseats and a two person couch. Were they made out of velvet? Nice. I was snapped out of my thoughts as a book was handed to me.

"I must say," Millard said taking a seat on the couch. "Tales of the Peculiar is a fun book to read, slightly morbid but overall fun." I looked down at the cover and it looked like Grimm's Fairy Tales. It looks kinda cool so I might as well. I took a seat on one of the loveseats and opened up to the table of contents. There were so many, should I read it chronologically or pick a random story? I glanced at Millard to see him already absorbed in whatever he was reading so I did what I do when I can't make up my mind.

"One or two?" I asked aloud.

"Excuse me?" He asked with confusion.

"Pick one or two," I responded deciding that one would be me picking a random story and two being chronological reading.

"Uhm...one?" He asked, probably thinks I'm crazy but eh.

"Okay thanks," I smiled at him. "Choosing story randomly it is." I closed the book and my eyes, then opened it. It was the middle of a story so I went to the beginning and started to read. It was super sweet at first. The main character was a lonely peculiar who would change into a dragon at random. She wanted a partner to love but the village shooed her to the nearest mountain. One day a knight came to kill the 'evil' dragon but was met with the sight of a fair maiden instead. He brought her into the village and she randomly turned into a dragon and he killed her. The end. Millard was right these are morbid.

Now that my urge to read has left, I don't know what to do again. My, the struggles of a teenager. Should I bother Millard? Hmmmm, him and Emma our my closest friends so far so he wouldn't mind too much right?

"Yoooo, Mill, my home schnizle," I spoke out draping my legs over the chair.

"Your what?" He asked in utter confusion.

I couldn't help but laugh, "I'm boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeed."

"Then read some more," I could hear the eye roll.

"Mmmmmm but I already read a story," I groaned. "I don't wanna read anymore."

"Go bother Emma then," Millard grumbled, I think I'm getting under his skin. "Do some girly things I don't know."

"Fine," I frowned not wanting to annoy him to death and make him hate me. "I'll go talk to her about...rainbows and unicorns or something."

Millard let out a snort as I was almost out of the library, "Have fun with that!"

I enter the living room to see Emma watching over Olive, "Sup." They both looked at me with confusion...shoot forgot they don't get modern slang again.

"What are you doing?" Emma asked.

"Coming to bother you," I reply truthfully. "What are you doing?"

"Watching Olive put on her show," She replied. I sat down next to her on the couch and Olive continued her little show. She did some dancing and showed off her peculiar before bowing. We clapped respectively and Olive ran off with a giant smile. What a cutie. "So, what have you been doing all day?" She asked turning to me.

I shrugged, "Just been reading in the library with Millard." Well more like read one short story and left.

She raised an eyebrow with a smirk, "Oh? You and Millard?"

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes. "I just met him like, two days ago?"

"So?" She asked with a grin.

"If I ever get a crush on someone it takes a couple months so I can get to know them," I explained.

She clapped her hands, "It's been so long sense something exciting happened here! You and Millard is just the drama we needed!"

"I don't even like him like that!" I exclaimed feeling my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment.

"Yeah," Emma started. "until you do!"

"My plan is backfiring!" I shouted dramatically, falling onto my back. "You have turned the tables!"

She let out a laugh and shook her head, "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure," I said standing up. With that we walked out of the house continuing to talk about things that we like.