Stop that - Raphael Santiago

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a vampire and live at Hotel Dumort.

Characters involved: You, Raphael Santiago

Triggers: none

Request: //

°°°°°°°°°°

"... so it's definitely a good thing that we caught the killer before the clave did." Your sire Raphael told at the dinner table, glasses of blood in front of you.

You just catched some single sentences, the rest totally went past you.

And why? Because you were nervous. You haven't been a vampire for too long and all the other vampires are unknown faces for you.

You've always had a hard time meeting new people and talking to them. So you just stayed silent, fidgeting.

Drawing circles onto your palms, switching your bracelets and rings, pinching the skin of your fingers and rubbing the surface of the bony knuckeles. You just had to do it.

It calmed you down a lot and made everything a bit more easy, eventhough being a vampire wasn't as bad as you thought. It was actually fine. The other vampires were nice and very caring, they treated you like of them without really knowing who you truly are.

The others continued talking, you simply kept silent and went on with fidgeting.

°°°

"You need to keep eyecontact when you want to Encanto. Try again." Your sire told you and gently hit your shoulder.

You tried again and again and the fidgeting became worse because you became more nervious from minute to minute.

The skin on your fingers began to swell, but it soon stopped due to you being dead anyway. It still hurt, but stopping wasn't possible.

°°°

You were on a walk for the first time since you have been turned. Raphael joined you, because he feared that you might attack someone while being alone.

Guess what... fidgeting helped you staying focused.

°°°

"Dios, Y/N, stop that." Raphael exhaled.

"Stop what?" You were confused.

"Stop that." He gave back.

"Stop what?" You were getting inpatient now.

"Well, that thing. That with moving your hands constantly. It makes me so freaking nervous." Raphael said while holding your hands still.

You rolled your eyes. "Oh that... Well, I can't exactly just stop it. I do it all the time."

He chuckled and squeezed your cold hands lightly. "You should definitely learn to stop it. It gives away to everyone that you feel insecure and scared. You're like an open book. That's dangerous, especially around the wolves."

You nodded and as soon as he let go of your hands, you held yourself together to not start again in the very exact same moment.

Some days later you were talking to a fellow vampire. The moment he left, you went over to the window and stared into the darkness, your hands almost fighting against each other.

You were suprised and a little scared when the reflection of Raphael appeared on the surface of the glass of the window.

He grabbed onto your hands from behind and held them tight in his.

"Shut it down. You'll get yourself hurt. One day you're fingers will fall off and that would be a pity." He said and brushed his thumbs over your cold skin.

In contrary to yours, his hands were warm. The warmth of his skin wandered through your veins and you had the feeling of being secure.

"Don't you like it here? Are you not coming along with the others? Do you fear for your security? Why do you do that?" He asked, staying in the current position.

You smiled and stared at Raphael's reflection. "No, I'm actually fine. And I mean it. Everyone is nice and caring and I feel secure. It's just that I get really really nervous around new people and everyone is just new here. It will be fine, i promise."

"I take that promise and lock it in my heart. Don't break it."

°°°

Some weeks later you got to know all the vampires living here and there were a lot. You found some good friends and felt better than ever before.

When you talked to others now, your hands kept still. You weren't fidgeting, without even realising it.

So the bright smile of Raphael from across the room definitely surprised you.

"Why are you smiling like that? Had a good drink?" You joked and came closer.

He shook his head no. "No such thing. I'm just glad that you held your promise. I've been stalking a little and you stopped that stupid hand-thing."

With that he took your small hands and his, raised them to his mouth and kissed them softly.

"I'm glad you are here."