I don't deserve your love - Jace Herondale

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a nephilim and the partner of Jace Herondale.

Characters involved: You, Jace Herondale

Triggers: none

Request: sunshinesmile1109

°°°°°°°°°°

Being together with Jace wasn't always easy. He was moody, could be grumpy and tired and the next minute energetic and cracky, he was a little feisty, egoistic and all on top: he snored at night.

After all he was the man of your dreams and your life simply wouldn't be the same without Jace by your side.

Since some weeks you two were sharing a room in the institute. It has been nice so far and you didn't remember the times, when you didn't fell asleep next to his angelic face.

Coming back from a mission, you put the weapons in the training room and channelled your way to your room.

As soon as you opened the door you noticed, that the light was out and it was uncomfortably silent.

"Jace, honey, are you here? Is everything alright?" You whispered, holding your breath.

The silence made you hear a little sobbing sound. You turned the light on the nightstand on and saw Jace laying on the bed, turning his back on you.

"Jace, what's wrong? Talk to me." You said while sitting down behind him and slowly rubbing his back.

He turned around hesitantly and stared at you with puffy and red eyes, spilling even more tears.

"Are you hurt? What is wrong? Jace, please just talk to me." You begged, tears in your eyes now too.

He started sobbing louder, you just bend down and laid on top of him, hugging him tight. He hugged back and buried his face in the crook of your neck.

You stayed like that for some minutes until his sobs faded away. You got off of him, laid onto your back and changed positions, by placing him on top of you, his head on your collar bone.

"What is wrong?" You asked another time.

"I don't  deserve your love." He simply stated and closed his eyes, grabbing your waist with one of his hands.

"Don't you dare to say that, Jonathan Herondale. I love you with every single cell of my body and I will never stop loving you. I'll love you in sickness, in battle, in the good times and in death too. And you deserve all of it." You said, stroking his head, feeling his soft hair between your fingers.

"But why? Why do I deserve that?" He wouldn't go down easy.

"Because you are the love of my life. Back then, seeing you with Clary, it broke my heart every single day. Life was black and gray, but you brought the color back. I feel so happy and save with you and I couldn't imagine a single moment without you. All my good memories are made with you and when I think about the future, you are in every single scenario." You explained and placed a little kiss on his hairline.

Jace raised his head and moved up a little, placing his forehead against yours.

"I love you so much, Y/N. I don't ever want to be without you." He smiled and leaned in to peck your lips.

"I love you even more." You giggled and buried your hand in his short hair on the back of his head.

"We can discuss about that." He chuckled and kissed you another time, this time longer and more passionate.

With one hand he was holding you down by your waist, with the other one he cupped your cheek, rubbing small circles on your soft skin.

You tasted the hint of salt on his lips from his tears before, and he was still trembling a little, but that was fine. You knew he was better now and all of this, would be another memory that you never wanted to forget.

The strong Jace Herondale crying about the fact that he didn't deserve your love. You don't see that every day.