𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

⋆¸*ೃ☼ COMPLICATED | CARL GALLAGHER

PLUS, YOUR CORNROWS AREN'T CUTE.

ੈ♡

ELIZABETH HAD SLEPT OVER AT the gallaghers, to be with carl— and everyone, really. it was tough to see everyone like this, especially carl, because sometimes, she actually enjoyed his presence.

after waking up, lizzie walked downstairs, dressed in one of debbie's tee shirts, since she hadn't brought any. 'it's our crib!'

'it's way too early, calm down carl.' lizzie yawned.

then she realized that was probably kind of insensitive since he was losing his house.

'not anymore.' fiona replies.

'who says?' carl asked, watching as lizzie sat down.

'state of illinois.' ian replies before handing lizzie a cup of coffee. she grinned in reply.

it was funny, how everything seemed normal, with breakfast being made and everyone in the kitchen, but when you listened to the conversation going on, you'd realize that this was not a normal day.

'they can't just take it from us.' carl argues.

'i don't have time to explain foreclosure law to you.' fiona mutters, shaking her head as she set a plate of eggs on the table.

lizzie let a small giggle escape her mouth, before taking a sip of the coffee, which ian had— somehow,— gotten the ratio of sugar and creamer just perfectly.

'those are the stairs where i broke my arm for the first time.' carl pointed out.

'yeah, and the second. oh, and the fifth.' ian adds, to which lizzie chuckles at.

'that table is where liam was born.' carl said, ignoring ian and pointing over to the table.

'why did i not know that? i eat breakfast over there!' lizzie says in disgust.

'there's nothing we can do.'

frank and a man, who're carrying the toilet, bust out of the downstairs bathroom. 'can you keep it down in there?'

'copper pipes aren't gonna take out themselves.' frank tells the family. 'while rome burns, you eat waffles.' he scoffs.

ian, who's sat beside lizzie, turns around and asks, 'you gonna tear apart the place piece by piece?'

'scorched earth. the preferred method of defeated generals who refused to allow their conquerors the satisfaction.'

'of taking a dump?' carl asks.