C H A P T E R 9

Ceaseless Chains Copyright © 2020 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter posted - August 28, 2020

Thank you for all the amazing response on this story. I'm so happy everyone is loving it <3 PS: my old story everything we ever wanted is updated on my profile, if you guys want something else to read. xo

PS: Do you guys want me to give these chapters fun names or is this ^ ok?

Playlist Song: Jhene Aiko - The Worst

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H A P T E R 9

Teagan

"Are you texting Wyatt?" Elsie rested against the doorframe, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched me.

I glanced up at her from my position; I was sitting on my packed suitcase. "Yes, I am."

It's worth mentioning that she looked completely out of character. Her hair was tied into a low bun at the nape of her neck, strands peaking out. She had dark smudges under her eyes, and she'd ditched her customary sexy housewife outfits for jeans and a hoodie. She was never unkempt.

"That boy really likes you," Elsie stated. "I see it in the way he looks at you whenever he comes to visit you at your shift."

I squirmed a little. Wyatt definitely didn't like me. "He just likes to flirt with me. To be honest with you, he's young, good-looking, plays on the football team and I know for a fact that he has a lot of female admirers. He's probably talking to a lot of other women at the same time, but I don't mind because I don't see him that way. He's funny to converse with."

"Righttttt," Elsie drawled. "If that's your excuse. Okay."

"It's not an excuse." I rolled my eyes and got up with a smile. I went over to hug her. "Thank you for everything you've done for me, Elsie. You let me into your home, put food on the table and gave me a roof over my head. I love you."

She wrapped her arms around me and clutched me fiercely. "Oh, poupée. This is what family is for. This is what we do. We care for each other."

"Well, you cared for me when my actual parents didn't. So I do need to thank you. You're a rare gem, you know? I've never met someone who's so accepting of others and never judges."

"You're going to make me cry." Her voice is muffled against my neck. In her heels, she reached my height but without them? Elsie was small woman who made up with her bigger heart – the best people usually did.

I laughed a little. "You're already crying."

I pulled back and thumbed the tears at the corner of her eyes and held her face. "Els, promise me that you're going to start living life. You're successful and beautiful. You deserve the world. You deserve to love and be loved, but you can only do that when you allow yourself to experience. Put yourself out there. Meet someone. I want that for you."

Elsie's eyes swam with emotion. "Teagan..."

"I get worried for you. All you ever do is work and look after me and yourself. That's not a life. There's more to you than just your shop. There's more to life than just work, honey."

"I know." She chewed her lip then sighed, tightening her arms around me. "I promise I will try, and I love you, too."

"Good." I wiped my own traitorous tears. I wasn't an emotional person, but the last twenty-four hours had been a roller-coaster.