𝟎𝟗.

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The house was irritatingly empty without Hayley's presence, not that Beverly would admit that out loud. Rebekah and Elijah's company wasn't that cheerful, considering either of them was drowning in guilt for what they had done to Klaus. She would have laughed if the atmosphere wasn't so damn depressing.

A blue truck was parked outside the plantation house as movers packed a few of Klaus' belongings into it, "Absolutely not! I paid for that!" Rebekah screeched out.

Her brother scoffed, "Please. You never paid for anything in your life."

Beverly released a chuckle, shaking her head. The older blonde scrunched up her face, taking offense, "I hardly see how that's relevant," She huffed out, "Nik's just punishing us."

"Some would say you deserve it," Beverly responded, typing something on her laptop from where she sat on the porch's steps, "Of course, I am not some and not biased, at all."

"Yes, you have made that very clear at least seven times already," Elijah replied as the Hills' girl turned to give him an amused smile over her shoulder.

Rebekah inhaled sharply, hating the irony of it all, "We believed the worst about him, the one time in a million when the worst wasn't actually the truth."

Her brother started to walk away, alarming her and the blonde witch, "Where do you think you're going?"

"To make sure Hayley doesn't suffer for our mistakes. Niklaus is feeling vindictive. We cannot trust that she is safe."