ten

a/n: chitaphrrr

'so then he kissed me- renjun? are you listening?' a pair of hands clapped in front of my face making me blink. i looked towards chenle who was already staring at me with an unimpressed look on his face.

'sorry lele, i zoned out.' i smiled sheepishly and i slung my bag over one shoulder. he held the front door open for me and walked with me after i locked the door.

'so what happened? you only space out like this when something big gets your attention.' a grin spread across his face and i looked at the ground, contemplating on whether to lie or just tell him the truth. after a few seconds i chose the latter.

'i think i like tw- somebody.' i felt my face heat up as i quickly caught myself from spilling too much. i could feel chenle's eyes on me and knew it was a suspicious look.

'okay well, who are they?' i snapped my head towards him, a panicked feeling spreading through me.

'they? what do you mean they? i said somebody not multiple people, i don't know what you mean by they.' i gulped as i rambled on, not noticing chenle had stopped walking and was staring at me with wide eyes.

'woah okay what the hell just happened? i said they because they could be a girl or boy or genderless, i ain't gonna assume. is there something you're not telling me?' i turned around to face him, feeling even more panicked. i gulped and my eyes darted around, looking anywhere but my best friend.

'renjun?'

i finally looked him in the eye and sighed, it was too late to go back now. 'chenle i think-'

'hey guys!' my eyes widened once again and i felt myself panic for the third time within minutes once i heard that voice. i made a face at chenle that i hoped said "don't say a word" and he seemed to have gotten the message as he nodded and smiled at the owner of the voice standing behind me.

i forced a smile and turned around, staring at the two happy boys. their smiled faltered a little once i turned around and i cursed myself for not being able to hide my emotions well. 'jun are you okay? you look red. are you sick?' jeno put a hand on my forehead, his eyes full of concern. i shook his hand off and tried smiling wider, assuring him i was fine.

'really i'm okay, don't worry. i-i actually have to get to class now, bye.' i tried to rush by the pair but a hand grabbed my bag, making me stumble back. i turned around, glaring when i saw it was chenle.

'what are you doing?' i whisper shouted at him and he squinted his eyes at me. 

'don't think i forgot about what happened, we're having a talk later.' i sighed and nodded. he let go of my bag and i walked past the two boys without looking at them, heading straight for the school gates where i could hopefully be safe from them, at least until lunch.

a/n: sorry for not updating in almost a month ! i had a lot on but hopefully i'll be able to update more now :D