fourty three

"thank you god for somehow letting us graduate." everyone laughed and nodded at chenle's comment while jisung raised an eyebrow.

"aren't you atheist?" chenle shushed his boyfriend as he continued to mess with his hair, trying to portray an effortless look when in reality he had spent an hour on it.

"chenle, we're going to be late to our own graduation." jaemin whined and chenle rolled his eyes, giving his hair one last run through with his hand before grabbing his things. the group made their way down the stairs of renjun's home where they were met with his mother.

"you all look so beautiful, let me get a picture." everyone groaned but shuffled together quickly, smiling as renjun's mother snapped a picture. she gave them a thumbs up while looking at the picture and the boys were quick to run outside, climbing into mark's car. they decided they'd risk it and try to fit all seven into his five seater car with renjun on jeno's lap and chenle on jisung's. 

"one of us is definitely going to mess up." jeno chuckled and mark glared at him in the mirror.

"don't say that, you'll jinx it." donghyuck rolled his eyes at his boyfriend and turned in his chair to look at jeno.

"my money is on me." everyone laughed as mark sighed but nodded in agreement.

only minutes later they were standing outside the school building that renjun used to refer to as hell. he found school a lot better with his boyfriends and new friends and couldn't help but smile at the memories. he thought about chenle dragging him into sun&moon cafe after staying up with jisung where they met donghyuck, renjun going to his favorite plush store for the first time and jaemin giving him the plush for half the price, and mark-

"hey mark, i never realized you joined our friend group out of nowhere." renjun stated and mark scoffed.

"yeah, and that was when everything went downhill." everyone didn't hesitate in playfully hitting mark and sending him a glare. they all joked around as they made their way inside the school building, following their fellow classmates into the large hall that was decorated with banners and balloons.

the boys all took a seat on the chairs with their names on them and continued joking and talking while they waited for the graduation ceremony to start.

they all successfully managed to get their diplomas without tripping or saying something inappropriate and it was now time for the student's to speak. the group watched as chanhee walked up to the stage with a bright smile on his face.

"i want to thank both the students and the teachers for the memorable experience i had while attending this school. every day was completely different and i was always filled with so much excitement-"

"quit lying, we know you hate it here as much as the rest of us do." donghyuck stated a little too loudly and his face reddened as everybody in the room turned to look at him. he hid his face in mark's neck who had a look on his face that he hoped was a sorry expression.

the group of boys laughed at donghyuck, whispering things like "well done" to him. he sighed and looked up, holding out his hand as if expecting something.

"pay up, i told you it would be me."

a/n: the covid test wasn't that bad, it didn't hurt but it felt really weird like a sore throat but in your nose ?? my nose is sensitive though so my eyes watered so much

also tw // mention of suicide

it's been 3 years since my attempt :]

ily have an amazing day / night <333