twenty two

a/n: sorry for posting this twice !!! for some reason it came before the twenty first chapter :p 

renjun had woken up late which resulted in a rushed morning routine and not a very happy mood. he barely had time to eat before he left and he quickly grabbed an apple as he rushed out of his front door.

he rubbed at his tired eyes as he walked, a yawn escaping his mouth. he pulled out his phone to check the time and felt instantly awake when he realized there was five minutes until his first class started. the blonde shoved his phone back into his pocket and took off in a sprint towards his school.

he unfortunately didn't share any of his first classes with his friends and had to wait until lunch to see them so when the bell rang he quickly gathered his belongings, eager to see his friends after a bad morning.

however he furrowed his eyebrows as he made his way to their usual lunch table, only to see that only mark was there. he looked nervous and jittery. renjun sat down across from him, placing his bag next to him. mark looked up and his eyes widened when he saw it was renjun.

'renjun! you're here. um i actually have to go, bye.' renjun raised an eyebrow at the boy who was now racing towards the cafeteria door. now that it was just him, he felt even more lonely. he sighed and took out his lunch, beginning to eat his apple when a hand rested on his shoulder, making him jump.

chenle laughed and patted renjun's head. 'sorry, didn't mean to scare you. come on, follow me.' renjun protested as chenle grabbed his arm, forcing him to come with him. renjun gave up and grabbed his bag, letting the other guide him.

renjun felt even more confused once they entered the old library. a new one had been built a couple of years before so nobody really used the old one anymore. 'chenle, why are we here?' renjun turned to his best friend only to see he was no longer there. he looked around, starting to feel anxious. his friends were acting weird and had no idea why.

renjun headed back towards the library door, wanting to get out of there. however the door flung open before he could get to it, making him jump yet again. jisung walked through with a bright smile on his face.

'renjun, just the guy i was looking for! let's go.' renjun didn't bother to question anyone anymore as jisung lead him to the back of the library where the seating area was. he set him down on a chair in front of what looked like a list. jisung patted renjun's shoulder. 'good luck.' he grinned before leaving the older boy.

'jisung wait- there he goes.' renjun groaned as the tall boy left the library. he turned his attention to the paper in front of him and began to read over it.

our dearest renjun ! i hope you don't feel too scared or worried, just know there's nothing to worry about. if you're reading this, i assume jisung has just left you in the library. don't panic ! donghyuck is on his way and he'll show you to the next location. i know you're probably extremely confused right now but you'll see why this is happening soon. lots of love <3

'are you done reading?'

renjun's head snapped towards his friend, his hand making his way to his heart as his heart beat increased from the shock. 'hyuck, oh my god. can everybody stop scaring me today?' donghyuck just laughed and gestured for the blonde to follow him. he lead him through the school and out the doors. renjun looked around for any signs of what was going on as donghyuck lead him to the old basketball court.

'you remember this place?' donghyuck turned to renjun as they reached it and renjun nodded, a small smile spreading across his face. he recalled the time when he met jeno for the second time in that spot. it felt like a year ago when really it had only been a few months.