Chapter 8

"Sam! Get in here!" Cas ran up to Dean and tried to stop the bleeding in his husband's wrists. "No, no, no, no, no. Come on, babe, stay with me."

"Cas, what's wro- Oh my God!" Sam raced in and tried to stem the bleeding on the wrist on Dean's stomach. "What the hell did he do?!"

"I don't know! I found him like this." How could Dean do this? What could possibly make him do this?

That was when his conversation with Gabe came back. Dean suffers from severe depression. Athazagoraphobia, the fear of being forgotten or abandoned. Cas said he was leaving. That alone might've been able to throw him into a panic attack.

It was his fault.

"Cas, I don't know what's on your mind, but Dean needs you," Sam called out, snapping out of his thoughts.

Cas nodded, focusing back on his husband's wounds. That you caused.

Everyone else ran into the room, not knowing what to expect.

"What the hell happened in here?" John bellowed. He was not in a good mood.

"We don't know! Cas came in here to get him for dinner and found him like this."

Instead of trying to help, John just grabbed the collar of Cas's shirt and threw him against the wall.

"John!" Everyone shouted.

"You did this, you son of a bitch! You killed my son!"

Cas threw John's hands off him. "Like you even care! You nearly put him in this state numerous times!"

John drew back his hand, prepared to slap Cas across the face, but Cas caught his hand. "I love your son. No matter what you think, I would never, ever, intentionally harm him. And if you lay a hand on him, I will end you." Cas then threw John's hand down and made his way back to his husband. Gabe and Sam were wrapping Dean's wrists while Mary was holding Jack close to her chest. Rowena was standing in the corner of the room, covering her face as tears made their way down her face.

Once Sam and Gabe finished wrapping his wrists, Sam leaned down to take Dean's pulse. "He's still alive, but barely. He'll need a lot of rest, but he should be fine."

As Cas was looking at Dean, he noticed something on his forearm. He walked over and gently grabbed Dean's forearm and turned it so he could see. The sight brought tears to the angel's eyes.

White lines were scattered all over his forearm. Some of them looked incredibly old like they were formed decades ago. Those were the ones he was familiar with. Others, however, looked like they were made just last week; pink and raised and uneven. Cas quickly checked the other arm, and it looked nearly identical, though the lines looked incredibly jagged.

He could hear Sam's breath hitch behind him. He looked up to see Gabe staring at him with a forlorn look in his eyes.

Cas wiped the tear from his eye and placed Dean's arm back down. He then looked around the room at everyone. "I think we need to talk." He then walked out of the room and back to the map room.

Cas was already sitting at the map table by the time everyone else joined him. Everyone looked worried, but John was spending all of his energy glaring at Cas, probably cursing him out in his head.

"What the hell was that in there? What did you do to my son?"

Cas generally didn't know how to answer. He didn't physically do anything to him, but it was because of his decisions that Dean was in that situation in the first place. However, before he could say anything, Sam spoke up.