Chapter 12

By the time, Jody, Donna, and the girls showed up, it was nearing 9:30. Mary was the one who brought them in and into the kitchen, where Dean and Cas were finishing up up dinner between dancing to Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin. Sam was trying to secretly record them while Crowley, Gabe, and Benny were cheering them on. Rowena and Jack were just jamming out to the music while John was nowhere to be found.

The way Dean and Cas were dancing was...sweet. Even though his husband was a nearly invincible angel, Dean would lay his arms around Cas's waist with the most delicate touch. And whenever Dean spun Cas, Cas would just giggle before reminding Dean to focus back onto the food. Whenever there was a slow song, Cas would either press himself up to Dean's back as he cooked, or they would hold each other and sway while waiting.

Finally, dinner was done and Cas, Dean, and Jack brought all the food out to the Map room setting down the food while Sam, Mary, and Gabe put out the plates and silverware.

Once everyone was seated, Dean announced, "dinner is served!"

Benny smiled and clapped his hands together. "Laissez Le Bon temps rouler."

"What does that mean, Benny?" Jack asked, curious as ever to Benny's culture and life before being a vampire.

"Let the good times roll."

Then, everyone dug in, passing around food, and talking. Maybe, halfway through, Claire noticed the empty seat beside Mary. "Who is that for?"

At that, Dean and Cas looked at each other before setting their silverware down onto their plates.

"That's actually one of the reasons we called you here," Sam spoke up. "We know how much you hate being left out of the loop, plus we realized it's been a while."

Donna realized that he was trying to stall. "What are you trying to hide, boys?" At Sam's obvious shock and fake confusion, Donna continued, "you're talking slowly. You're usually a fast talker. So cut the cheesecake and get to the point."

Gabe and Dean broke down laughing as Sam began to lightly blush.

"What he's trying to say is that Winchester trash that doesn't deserve to be called Winchester is here," Crowley spoke up once the two laughing idiots finally calmed down.

After a beat of silence, Jody asked, "John? He's here?" Jody only knew who he was because of all the smack talk Sam and Cas did about him. They've never had anything to say about him. It appeared that everyone was informed of the boys' past and no one was thrilled that human trash was here.

"How and why is he here?" Claire asked.

"We're not sure," Cas told her. "I know it wasn't the angels. I would've felt even a faint trace Grace on him, but there was none. It must've been powerful."

Suddenly, Dean looked as if a lightbulb just went off in his head.

"What's going on in that head of yours, Squirrel?"

"Squirrel?" The girls (sans Mary and Rowena) quietly mumbled to themselves, never having heard the King of Hell's beloved nickname for his best friend.

"Well, how many people do we know besides Crowley, Rowena, and the Archangels that are stronger than angels?"

Slowly, looks of realization started to adorn people's faces.

"It's either Dad or Auntie Amara," Gabe finally announced, though he knew that he didn't need to.

"It's most likely Amara, considering she brought Mom back. She probably thought that you needed Dad back, too."

"Well, she was just a bit wrong there." Rowena chuckled.

When no one said anything else, Donna asked what the other thing they wanted to talk about was.

No one spoke, wanting Dean to be the one to tell them. When he realized that, Dean started to play with his ring while Cas rubbed his back. "Umm, you know how I have Depression and PTSD, right?" When they nodded, he continued. "Well, earlier today, we discovered that I have another mental disorder called Athazagoraphobia. It's basically the fear of being abandoned and/or forgotten."

"Speaking of..." Gabe trailed off as he snapped his fingers. An orange pill bottle appeared on the table beside Dean's plate. When he realized what it was, he quickly popped off the top and downed a single pill with a sip of his water, which had mysteriously taken the place of his beer.

"What do you think caused it?" Donna asked.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the consistent PTSD, or constantly being left alone as a kid and not knowing if it was forever or not. Maybe, it was the fact that all of my family seems to die at least once, and sometimes it's permanent," Dean quickly ground out, slowly getting worked up as old memories started to resurface. His greatest hits, aka, his biggest and most colossal failures.

"Ok, I get it. No need for the sarcasm," Jody scolded, feeling kinda bad when the man shrunk down in his seat.

Sam decided that everything that needed to be discussed was over with, so he urged everyone to continue eating and enjoy some light-hearted banter.

Everyone finished dinner and their conversations around midnight. Jody said that they had to leave early so they could get to their shift on time.

After they left, Sam, Dean, Gabe, Cas, Rowena, and Mary all went to sleep. Even though Cas and Gabe were angels, they also had souls from their times as humans. Because of Jack, Jack was able to give them the ability to sleep, that way the can enjoy some downtime with their respective husbands.

And while Jack had a soul and was able to sleep, he didn't like it and didn't need it much anyway, so he usually stayed up with whoever was still awake.

So while everyone else went to bed, Jack, Benny, and Crowley all stayed up in the Library just talking.

That's when the worst shit went down.