Try

Later that evening, Amelia returned to Scarlett's room. She was changed out of her scrubs and had on normal clothes. Scarlett looked over when she noticed Dr. Shepherd in her room. The woman once again looked so familiar to her. There was an internal alarm going off inside her that recognized Amelia.
"Hey, I brought you dinner," Amelia said with a smile as she held up a bag of food for he girl.
"Cafeteria food?" Scarlett questioned with an unamused look.
"Better. It's from the food truck right outside the hospital," Amelia said and took a seat in the chair next to Scarlett's bed and opened up the bag of food. She handed Scarlett her food and set hers on her lap.
"You're staying?" Scarlett asked with a small smile.
"Is that okay with you?" Amelia asked cautiously. What if Scarlett didn't want her there?
"Yeah, it's okay with me," Scarlett told her as her smile grew. It was a subtle yet charming smile.
"Plus, I promised Sam I'd observe you overnight," Amelia added jokingly with a smile.
"Right," Scarlett replied in the same playful tone.

As they ate their dinner, they chatted for a bit. Amelia was glad she was finally getting to know her daughter after all these years. Even after they both finished eating, Amelia stayed for an extra hour to keep her company. Then, Scarlett turned the tv on and the two watched reruns of the office. However once she saw the first yawn escape Scarlett's mouth, she knew it was time to go. She didn't want to stay too long and have the kid get sick of her already. Amelia glanced at her phone and noticed it was already almost ten o'clock. She started to pack up her things and Scarlett turned to her and lowered the volume on the tv when she asked,
"Are you leaving?"
"Yes, but I'll be back first thing in the morning to check on you," Amelia told her.
"What if Sam checks me out before you get back?" Scarlett asked in a worried tone.
"She won't," Amelia assured her with a smile. That seemed to put Scarlett at ease. Then Amelia wrote down her personal phone number again and handed it to Scarlett and said,
"If you need anything tonight or before I get here in the morning just call or text me."
"Thanks," Scarlett said and took the piece of paper from her.
Amelia then stood up and headed towards the door.
"Goodnight," she called as she walked out.
"Bye," Scarlett called back.
Then, she looked down at the piece of paper and put Dr. Shepherd's phone number in her phone just in case.

When Amelia got home she had her two sisters, Meredith and Maggie, waiting for her.
"You're up?" Amelia asked when she walked in.
"We've been waiting for you," Meredith stated.
"Where were you?" Maggie questioned.
"What are you, my mother?" Amelia asked with a light laugh.
"You were with Scarlett, weren't you?" Meredith guessed.
"Yeah, I couldn't just leave her alone all night," Amelia said in defense.
"Why were you with Scarlett?" Maggie asked with a confused look. It appears no one filled her in on the whole situation.
"I didn't tell her," Meredith said to Amelia.
"Tell me what?" Maggie asked, as she started to get a little worried and confused.
"Scarlett's my biological daughter," Amelia blurted out with a smile.
"I had her fifteen years ago and the Callahans adopted her," she explained.
"Does she know who you are?" Maggie asked.
"Nope," Amelia responded.
"Are you going to tell her?" Maggie wanted to know.
"Eventually. It just doesn't seem like the right time. She just lost her dad and I don't want to add to her stress or pressure her in liking me or-"
"Or what?" Maggie asked and Amelia just smiled.
"What are you thinking?" Meredith asked.
"Well she hates her stepmother and I could actually help her with her addiction so maybe-" Amelia started to say.
"Amelia, this is different. This isn't Betty. It's not just some random girl-"
Maggie interrupted her to say.
"I know. She's my daughter. That's what makes this different," Amelia said with a hopeful look.
"Well, whatever ends up happening with Scarlett, we will support you and be here for you," Meredith told her with a smile. Amelia responded with a smile.

The next morning, Amelia stayed true to her word and she was at the hospital before Sam. She walked in to find Scarlett watching the news.
"What fifteen year old watches the news?" Amelia asked as she entered the room.
"My dad and I used to watch the news together in the morning," Scarlett said with a bit of a guilty look. Then she turned the tv off.
"You didn't have to turn it off," Amelia told her softly. Scarlett eyed Amelia and then turned the tv back on. Amelia went to look at Scarlett's charts to make sure she was all good to go before Sam came back for her.
"So, do you know what time Sam is coming this morning?"
When Scarlett didn't answer her, she looked over to find the girl's eyes glued to the television screen. Amelia glanced up at the screen and instantly realized what had Scarlett's attention. There was a really bad fire in an apartment building that caused part of the building to collapse.
"Oh my god," Amelia whispered to herself. The building was fairly close to Grey Sloan Memorial so she knew they would be getting patients from the fire.
"I'm probably going to get paged soon, but I just wanted to say that I think you should consider going to a meeting once you get discharged. Either Sam can take you or if you need a ride I can drive you. I go to them every now and then so it wouldn't be a problem," Amelia offered sincerely.
"There's no way Sam will take me," Scarlett scoffed.
"Well, that's why you have my number," Shepherd reminded her.
"You'd really bring me to meetings with you?" Scarlett asked.
Amelia nodded and replied with,
"You're a good kid. You have a lot of potential but it will all be wasted if you continue to do drugs."
Scarlett looked unsure so Amelia added,
"Just think about it."
Then, her pager went off. She looked down at it and then back at Scarlett and said,
"I'll try to get back here before Sam gets you."
Scarlett nodded and smiled.
Then Amelia headed down to the pit where all he incoming trauma was waiting for her.