Gone, Gone, Gone

Amelia felt like her heart stopped beating and it was almost as if she couldn't breathe. So Elise knew who she was, did Scarlett?
"Does she know?" Amelia managed to get out as her eyes darted around the room, avoiding contact with Elise's.
"If she does, she hasn't mentioned it to me," Elise told the doctor in a calm manner.
Amelia couldn't stand still. She had her hands in her pockets and she started to feel uneasy.
"Listen, I'm not here to interrogate you. I just came to thank you. I know it must've been hard giving her up and then seeing her again. With Carson gone, she's almost all the family I have left," Elise said softly.
"Carson and Kelly did a great job raising her. She's a great kid," Amelia said with a small smile.
"She is. She just has trouble sometimes," Elise said with a bit of a worried tone.
"Yeah that's probably my fault," Amelia admitted, taking the blame for Scarlett's addiction problem Elise was referring to.
"Maybe not," Elise told her with a kind smile.
"Carson and Kelly would be happy to know you're taking care of her now. Please tell Scarlett she always has a room with us if she wants to visit," Elise added which caught Amelia completely off guard.
"Wait, what did you just say?" Amelia asked quickly, snapping out of her thoughts.
"She's moving in with you, isn't she?" Elise asked with a confused look.
"She told me she was heading back to LA with you," Amelia stated. When Elise started to shake her head, Amelia pulled out her phone and called Scarlett.
No answer.
"She's not picking up," Amelia stated in a worried tone and looked at Elise.

Meanwhile...
Scarlett suddenly woke up in a haze. To the right of her was a guy who vaguely looked familiar to her. Then she realized he was Jack's friend, the one who gave her the pills. However, she couldn't recall his name. Scarlett looked around the room she was in figured she was in his apartment. Once her companion realized she was awake, he smiled and said,
"Here, have some more."
She nodded slightly and then next thing she knew she was passed out once again.

The next time she woke up, she could feel a body stirring next to her. She went to check her phone but it was dead. Once she realized what had happened, she quietly got out of bed and got dressed and slipped out the door. She started walking down the street towards one of her friends apartment close by. Once she arrived at the building she buzzed up to her friend's apartment.
"Hey, it's me," Scarlett said.
"On my way down," a voice replied.

The door opened and the first thing Scarlett's friend said was,
"Where the hell have you been?"

Hailey was about twenty-five years old, making her ten years older than Scarlett, but she was Scarlett's best friend in Seattle. Scarlett and Hailey met through Jack. Hailey was Jack's older sister.

"Honestly I have no idea," Scarlett answered truthfully.
"Can I use your shower to wash up and stuff?" Scarlett asked.
"Of course," Hailey said. She stopped Scarlett before walking any further and asked,
"Are you okay?"
Scarlett gave her friend a small nod and then continued to follow her up to he apartment.

Amelia was pacing back and forth in the kitchen waiting for her phone to ring.
"You said she had friends she normally stays with. I'm sure she's just with one of them," Maggie offered to try to help.
"Well that, or she overdosed and is laying in a ditch somewhere," Amelia snapped back. She instantly regretted it and said,
"Sorry I'm just-"
"Worried? It's totally normal," Meredith assured her.
"At what point do I call the police?" Amelia wondered aloud in a panicky voice.
"Amelia, maybe Scarlett just needs some time to herself. We don't need to call the cops. After my mom died all I wanted was to be left alone," Maggie stated.
"Scarlett is not like you. She's like me, and when I was her age I was out doing drugs. When I was fifteen my mom called the cops because she didn't know where I was and they caught me about to jump off a roof because I was so high. If they didn't stop me, I don't know if I'd be here today!" Amelia snapped aggressively.

Scarlett got changed and met Hailey out in the kitchen where Hailey had a cup of hot tea waiting for Scarlett.
"Sit," Hailey demanded.
The girl listened but she was a bit fidgety and that's what gave her away.
"What are you on?" Hailey asked.
"I have no idea," Scarlett told her truthfully.
"I was clean for almost a whole week but then my Dad's funeral just pushed me over the edge yesterday and I couldn't help myself," Scarlett explained.
"You mean Saturday," Hailey corrected her. Scarlett gave her a weird look and said,
"Yesterday was Saturday."
Hailey gave her friend a sad look and said,
"Scar, its Wednesday. Wednesday night to be more specific."
Scarlett put her fork down and thought for second.
"So I was gone for four days?" she questioned. Hailey nodded and said,
"I was starting to get worried when you didn't answer your phone. Where have you been?"
Scarlett's eyes widened and she instantly reached for her phone, but it was dead.
"Oh my god, Amelia is going to kill me," Scarlett realized.
"Amelia? Who's Amelia?" Hailey asked.
"The doctor who was helping me after my Dad died," Scarlett said.
"Why do you think she's going to kill you when she finds out you're high?" Hailey asked.
"Because she's also my sponsor," Scarlett answered as she got up and grabbed her bag.
"Scar, its almost 10 you can't just walk out-"
Scarlett didn't get the chance to hear the rest of what Hailey was saying because she was out the door in an instant.

She didn't remember where Amelia lived and she couldn't think straight enough to walk to the hospital. While Scarlett was making her way down the street, a guy started to follow her. Scarlett didn't notice, but a woman and her husband who were walking past Scarlett realized what was happening and intervened.

"Hey, long time no see," the woman said really enthusiastically, stopping Scarlett. Scar gave the couple a weird look and said,
"Do I know you?"
"She's high as a kite," the guy whispered to his wife, but the woman waved him off and said,
"So how are you?"
Scarlett was now really confused.
The woman put her arm around Scarlett for a side hug and whispered in her ear,
"There's a guy following you, just go with it."
Scarlett's eyes widened and she replied,
"Sorry I didn't recognize you. I'm good, how about you?"
"We're great. We were actually heading to Joe's bar to meet some friends. Do you wanna join us?" the woman asked in a friendly tone as she nodded her head slightly.
"Sure," Scarlett replied and then started to walk alongside them, passing the stranger who was following her previously. She turned around to see him begin stalking another woman and she shivered.
"I'm Jo," the woman with a sweet smile and held out her hand.
"I'm Scarlett, thanks for..." Scarlett trailed off but motioned behind her.
Jo smiled and said,
"No problem."
Then she got a better look at Scarlett and something clicked in her head.
"You look familiar, have we meet before?" Jo asked.
Scarlett just shrugged then Jo realized where she met the girl before.
"I met you at the hospital. You were with Dr. Shepherd," Jo realized.
"Yeah, she's my sponsor," Scarlett told them.
"How's that working out?" Jo's husband scoffed.
"Alex," Jo warned him quietly.
"Do you have her number by any chance? My phone is dead and I- I really need to talk to her," Scarlett told them ignoring Alex's comment.
"Shepherd's on call tonight. Why don't we just drop her off at the hospital?" Alex offered.
Jo nodded and then turned to Scarlett and said,
"We can walk you to the hospital if you want. It's just across the street."
"Yeah, thanks," Scarlett said to them. She didn't realize how close she was to the hospital.

When they arrived at the hospital Scarlett thanked them for making sure she made it to the entrance safely and then said,
"I can take it from here."
"You sure?" Jo asked with a concerned look.
Scarlett nodded and then turned to walk inside. The first person she saw was Maggie Pierce.
"Hey do you know where Dr. shepherd is?" Scarlett asked.
Maggie's eyes widened when she saw the girl.
"Where have you been? Amelia has been going crazy looking for you," Maggie said.
Hearing that freaked Scarlett out.
"Maybe this wasn't a good idea," Scarlett said and began to turn around.
"No wait," Maggie said and put her hand on Scarlett's shoulder.

Maggie guided Scarlett to where Amelia was working in a skills lab.
Scarlett refused to speak the whole walk there. When they got there, Maggie opened the door to find Amelia buried in work.
"What do you want? I'm in the middle of-" then Amelia stopped mid sentence when she saw Scarlett.
Scarlett felt her body tense up immediately. It's like Amelia's eyes froze her on the spot. When Amelia got up and started walking over to her, Scarlett braced herself for the worst. However, instead of yelling and screaming, she was met with a big hug. Amelia wrapped her arms around her and said,
"Thank you for coming back."
"I slipped up," Scarlett admitted instantly.
Amelia let go of her kid and got a good look before asking,
"What are you on?"
Scarlett shrugged and said,
"I have no clue. I woke up a couple hours ago and thought it was Sunday."
Amelia let go of her daughter and then glanced over to Maggie with a concerned look.