Chapter Six

"Potter, Hunter!"

Immediately, mutters and whispers of "Hunter Potter? Did she say Hunter Potter?" spread around the Great Hall. Hunter paled, and Blaise gave him a gently worried look.

Draco and Pansy had been sorted into Slytherin almost immediately; Neville had been sorted into Hufflepuff; and Hermione was giving him a worried look from the Ravenclaw table.

"You'll to great," Blaise said softly. "You know Draco will be your friend no matter what House you're put in."

Hunter bit his lip. Of course he new that, but-

"Mr. Potter," Professor McGonagall called again. The tall, stern-looking woman was frowning. Hunter quickly darted up to her and apologized with a squeak.

He sat down on the stool, and McGonagall put the Sorting Hat on his head. It fell over his eyes, and the Great Hall vanished from sight.

A gasp sounded in Hunter's head. "Oh my," a voice whispered; Hunter realized it was the Sorting Hat. "You poor child -- and powerful child."

Hi, Hunter thought, blushing.

"Merlin, you're adorable." The Hat chuckled. Then he gasped again. "Oh my goodness. Why didn't I-"

And then he shouted two words to the Great Hall, startling everyone.

"HOGWARTS HEIR!"

There was silence for exactly two seconds, and then the Hall erupted into shocked shouts, angry snarls from a majority of the Slytherins, and a gasp from Draco, Pansy, Neville, Hermione, and Blaise.

What? What does that mean? Hunter thought in alarm and confusion.

"It means you've been sorted into all four Houses, dear Hunter," the Hat responded out loud.

"Mr. Potter," McGonagall said as she pulled the Hat off of his head. She looked concerned. "Would you like to choose a House, or be in all four?"

"All four," Hunter said quickly.

"We'll decide who you're going to class with and who you're sleeping with later," McGonagall decided. "Go sit with one of your friends until then."

Hunter quickly darted over to the Slytherin table and sat down beside Draco, flinching at the glares. "Why is everyone mad?" he squeaked to Draco.

"You were sorted into Slytherin, and are Heir to Slytherin, which is why the Gryffindors and a majority of the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws hate you," Draco sighed. "And you're the Boy-Who-Lived-" Hunter winced "-which is why a majority of the Slytherins and some of the Ravenclaws hate you."

Hunter gave him an anxious look. "Do, do you-"

"Hunter, I would never hate you," Draco said firmly, glaring at Pansy, who had kicked him under the table. "And judging by Pansy's kick, she likes you, too."

Hunter blushed and giggled, relieved.

"Longbottom and Granger still like you, too," Pansy agreed, pointing out the others. Neville was looking stunned but not upset, while Hermione looked thoughtful and eager, as if she had been presented a new project.

"Weasley, Ronald."

Hunter glanced at the Gryffindor table. The three other Weasleys -- a pair of twins and an older boy -- watched their brother strut up to the stool. The older boy looked smug, while the twins were scowling. Hunter had a feeling he'd get along well with the twins.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Hat bellowed as soon as it landed on Ron's head. Ron grinned and strutted over to the Gryffindor table. The twins glared at Ron before ignoring him.