Chapter Twenty

(Someone at lizbethen's school turned turned a two-liter soda bottle into Peppa Pig... and I'm going to have nightmares now.)

Watching his dad interact with Tom was the funniest thing ever. Remus was torn between shock, anger, fear, and exasperation. He would keep opening his mouth to ask a question, then go silent. Tom grinned slightly at Hunter, who had to stuff a fist in his mouth so he wouldn't giggle.

Madam Bones was oblivious to the fact that she was in the room with Lord Voldemort. She was distracted by the anger that someone had been STEALING FROM A CHILD'S VAULTS, ABUSING SAID CHILD, AND CONTROLLING HIM WITH BLOCKS AND COMPULSIONS. She reminded Hunter of McGonagall when she was angry; her lips were pursed, and she looked calm, but her eyes flashed with fire.

An hour later, Madam Bones left. The money had been returned to Hunter's vault with interest (even if he'd insisted that the Weasleys keep the money, because he knew they were poor, and he liked Ron and the twins) and the marriage contract with Ginny Weasley had been dissolved.

Remus opened his mouth again, either to ask Tom a question or accuse him of being a murderer, when Tom interrupted.

"I did not kill your friends, and I was not there to kill Hunter," he said firmly. "I wasn't going to trust anything that Dumbledore came out with. It was reconnaissance... at least until Dumbledore tried to kill me."

Remus' eyes widened. "Dumbledore was there... you didn't kill them... Hunter couldn't... does that mean-"

"Lily and James-" Tom wrinkled his nose slightly "-were killed by Dumbledore."

"Is there a way to prove that, Griphook?" Hunter asked worriedly.

Griphook gave him an apologetic look. "We don't know," he said when the three of them turned to him. "We do know that we've found proof that your husband did not betray the Potters."

"What?" Remus yelped.

"What about Death?" Hunter asked, puzzled.

"Well, a majority of wizards believe that Death is a myth, Hunter," Griphook explained. "And the law is that you need physical proof." He pulled out two scrolls of parchment.

"Lily and James' wills?" Remus breathed.

"Yes. They had it changed about a week before their death, which is apparently the same date they changed the Secret-Keeper to Mr. Pettigrew," Griphook said with a savage grin. "Also known as Wormtail."

Tom's eyes widened. "Wormtail? A short, nervous, bald wizard?"

Remus growled, and Hunter snugged into his dad. Remus relaxed.

"The wills were never read because they were sealed... illegally," Griphook added, eyes glinting.

"Dumbledore?" Remus said darkly.

"Precisely."

"I will kill that old man one day," Tom hissed.

"Who has the authority to reopen the wills?" Remus asked.

"Hunter," the goblin smirked.

"I want them reopened, please," Hunter said shyly. There was a sudden flash of magic in the air, and the two scrolls glowed for a moment.

"Excellent," Griphook said in glee. "I'll send an owl to everyone who benefits from Mr. and Mrs. Potter's wills, and we'll have a reading in two days. I warn you," he added, "Mr. Potter had an... interesting will."

"Let me guess," Remus said dryly. "It's dramatic, loud, and involves pranks."

"Yes," Griphook agreed.

"Why am I not surprised."

"Dumbledore is mentioned in the wills," Griphook added, "but Hunter is allowed to bar his presence. No one else who has harmed Hunter is mentioned in the wills... except Professor Snape, and a Mrs. Petunia Dursley."

Hunter blanched, then took a breath. "I don't want Dumbledore to come. Professor Snape hasn't hurt me since Aunt Cassie -- I mean Cassie showed up at the school, and P-Petunia is, she didn't really hurt me."

"That reminds me," Griphook said briskly. "We'll need your medical history. Is that all right?"

Hunter paled further. "Wh-why?"

"To make sure Dumbledore, Mr. and Mrs. Dursley get their due," Griphook said bluntly. "Dumbledore was not your legal guardian; you should have been placed with Mr. Lupin-Black, and if he was unavailable, you would have been given to either Professor Snape or Mrs. Andromeda Tonks."

"Is she related to Cassandra Tonks?" Hunter asked.

"She's her mother," Griphook replied.

"I could've been Cassie's little brother!" Hunter squeaked.

"So, can we have your medical history?"

Hunter swallowed. "O-okay."

Griphook turned to Remus, who pulled out his wand. "This will tickle a bit," Remus said quietly. "Medicinae Historia."

Hunter Sirius Lupin-Black, Medical History:

Age 1: cut over eye, bruised knee

Age 2: none

Age 3: none

Age 4: weekly concussions, werewolf bite, monthly werewolf transformations, broken left radius and right tibia, sprained left talocrural joint, bruised ribs, thighs, shins, forearms, and face, suffocated

Age 5: weekly concussions, monthly werewolf transformations, broken right fibula, rib, and left humerus, sprained left wrist, two fractured Metacarpal bones (left hand), bruised ribs, thighs, shins, forearms, and face, suffocated

Age 6: weekly concussions, monthly werewolf transformations, broken right ulna and right talus, sprained left wrist, fractured right tibia, bruised ribs, thighs, shins, and forearms, suffocated

Age 7: daily cuts on forearms, monthly werewolf transformations, concussion, broken rib, Hamate bone (right hand), and left fibula, bruised ribs, thighs, shins, and forearms, suffocated

Age 8: repetitive cuts on forearms, monthly werewolf transformations, broken right fibula and right tibia, sprained left shoulder, concussion, bruised ribs, thighs, shins, and forearms, suffocated

Age 9: monthly werewolf transformations, broken right talus and left ulna, fractured rib, bruised thighs, shins, and forearms, concussion, suffocated, attempted drowning

Age 10: monthly werewolf transformations, broken left wrist and rib, fractured left tibia, sprained right wrist, bruised ribs, thighs, shins, and forearms, concussion, suffocated, attempted drowning

Age 11: monthly werewolf transformations, sliced left forearm, broken left fibula and right tibia, sprained patella, bruised ribs, thighs, shins, and forearms, concussion, head wound, suffocated, attempted drowning

Age 12: monthly werewolf transformations, sliced left forearm, small scratches on arms and chest, bruised thighs, shins, and forearms, concussion, suffocated, attempted drowning

It's his second year, but the last section happened since he turned twelve (all Vernon and Petunia)