Chapter Fourteen

"SEVERUS TOBIAS SNAPE!"

Cassie's voice echoed around the Great Hall, causing everyone to freeze. Hunter giggled when he saw the red Howler shouting at the pale Potions Master.

"I GOT A LETTER A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT? IT EXPLAINED IN DETAIL EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED WITH A CERTAIN POTTER'S FIRST POTIONS CLASS. AND OH MY, YOU  HAPPEN TO BE HIS POTIONS TEACHER!!! YOU WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, WOULD YOU?? BECAUSE I DON'T WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY MADE MY SMOL BEAN CRY, BUT WHOEVER DID IS GOING TO HAVE SEVERE CONSEQUENCES.

"I'LL BE STOPPING BY TO CHECK UP ON HIM SOON. AND MAYBE I'LL HAVE A SHORT CHAT WITH YOU AS WELL. AND YOU CAN TELL ME ALL. ABOUT. HIS. FIRST. DAY."

Giggles and snickers swept through the students, and McGonagall looked a mixture of furious (at Snape) and amused.

"I HOPE YOU'RE DOING VERY WELL, TOBIAS. I ALSO HOPE YOU'VE LEARNED HOW TO DETECT SARCASM. I'LL SEE YOU SOON.

"SINCERELY,

"CASSANDRA TONKS.

"P.S. DON'T WORRY, HUNTER. I PROBABLY WON'T HURT HIM. VERY BADLY."

The Howler exploded, projecting glitter into Snape's face, causing him to yelp and leap backwards, falling off his chair. Hunter burst into quiet giggles, and soon the entire Hall was laughing.

Dumbledore stood, smiling, but his eyes were tight. "Well, now that that bit of drama is over, I have an announcement to make. Professor Quirrell has mysteriously disappeared, and since we still have a majority of the school year to go through, we need a Defense Professor. Please welcome Gilderoy Lockhart!"

Part one finished! Part two coming soon....