38: Day 3: Hi Pakkun!

"7:00 AM, time to get going," you whisper to yourself.

The door to your right opens and a somber boy walks out. The both of you make eye contact for a while until he breaks it and knocks on the door to the left.

"Hey Mai, it's time we start to head out..." he speaks.

"Already? Okay, I'll be out in a sec!" She cheerfully says.

Naruto hums understanding and silently waits without a word to you.

On any given day before last night, you would feel awfully guilty for what you did. But you had no remorse for the dishonest blonde. He had done the unthinkable and he wouldn't get away with it.

What an idiot.

Honestly

...

I can't stand his stupid presence, lets get out of here.

Agreed. How about you report to Pakkun while you wait for Mai, Y/n?

Right...

Quietly you walk off to a more vacant area. You tried to get rid of the sad aura that filled your soul as you were going to once again meet with a miniature dog. Very swiftly, you bite your thumb and place it on the floor. "Summoning jutsu!"

Poof

"Hi there."

You were met with the one and only amazingly lazy pug, Pakkun. You felt a bit happy to see a face that hadn't been a root of your problems. But then again, he had witnessed you in one of your weakest moments. Because of that, you had no idea what to say to him.

"Er...Y/n?"

Your senses began to kick back in and told you to at the very least greet him.

"Oh er, hi..."

Pakkun sighed, "How was last night?"

"It was----er----it was a night."

Well said, smartass

The dog had eyes full of empathy, "So not great, huh? Well, just know it will get better. Did you confront Naruto about anything?"

"I didn't tell him what I saw, though we did have a rather harsh bicker last night," You didn't want to say much about the events that played out because you didn't want to live through it again.

"Hmm..." Pakkun caught on to the fact that you didn't wish to speak more on the subject. Your obvious vagueness pointed it out clearly. So he didn't push further.

"Okay well, what was yesterday's report?"

"Oh yeah, of course, yesterday was the same boring no rogue ninja day as the one before. Nothing really went on except for some perv trying to hit on both Mai and I. No suspicious activity detected. It does make me wonder when this rogue ninja will show up though..." You said, trailing off.

"No sign of the rogue, huh? Well, then that means your guard should be up at all times. It may be hard right now, but you have to have an eye for detail at every second. This rogue ninja can be very dangerous," Pakkun warned.

You nodded your head, "hai."

"I'm serious. Your father told me about a strange feeling he had about this mission. With his intuition, you bet there's going to be a huge difficulty getting this mission completed. No matter what, you have to have each other's backs. I know he hurt you, but you need to push what he did to you in the back of your mind. If not your boyfriend, he's your partner, and as shinobi, we protect them with our lives."