44: Dad jokes

"Kakashi sensei you have to hear me out. I don't know what y/n saw bu----"

Naruto was grabbed by the collar of his shirt.

"Are you calling her a liar?" Kakashi glared at him with furious eyes.

"N-no! I was just saying that maybe y/n didn't see what she thought she did, " Naruto affirmed.

Kakashi chuckled as he tightened his grip on the boy.

"I told you that I would give you one chance. You messed it up and cheated on her. Do you have any idea how heartbroken she is right now? The worst part is that you won't confess. I don't know who you are right now Naruto...." Kakashi shoved the boy to the floor.

"Just let me talk to her, please, " Naruto begged, tears rolling down his face.

"Not a chance."

"I love her Kakashi, with all of my heart. There is no way I would've cheated on her, " Naruto said.

"Remember the first time you took y/n on a date?" Kakashi got down to Narutos level.

"Yeah..." responded Naruto.

"When you went to pick her up, I told you that if you hurt her I would make you sure you never become Hokage," Kakashi said.

"N-no, sensei, you can't!" Naruto pleaded.

He scowled, "Why should a liar become Hokage?"

Naruto's breath quickened, "..."

The man clentched his fist, "She really thought you were different, you know...I trusted you with her---she trusted you. Do you know how rare that is?" Kakashi asked, his movements becoming quicker. "Y/n hasn't let anyone so close to her as she let you. You just had to screw it up----and with who? A random girl you'd never meet again? Thats pathetic..."

"I-"

"If I see you get near her again, I will hurt you."

"Y-you've got it all wrong..." Naruto choked back anymore tears.

The man got up, "Get out of my sight before I do something I'll regret."

Kakashi opened the door so he could enter his home again. Before it was fully shut though, Naruto yelled.

"Y/N I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER THAT NIGHT PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU JUST TALK TO ME!!"

Kakashi grit his teeth as he shut the door. Inside he saw y/n sitting down with her head low as she looks at him with half opened eyes.

"Y-you didn't hurt him that bad, did you?" She asked a bit worried, though she didn't know why she was so concerned about Naruto.

"No, he can still walk home."

Y/n gave a slight shiver at that.

Kakashi sat down at the table again and saw y/n's half empty bowl. "You're done?" he asked.

"Yeah..."

He sighed but didn't push the girl to eat anymore. Instead he took the plate to the sink and washed it himself. "You can head to bed now."

The Jounin picked her up and put her on his back to take her to her room. Once he got there he laid her down and tucked her in. "Shout if you need me, okay?"

Y/n nodded. "Thanks and...sorry."

Kakashi's brows furrowed, "For what?"

"For being such a burden...you wouldn't be so behind on paperwork if it weren't for me and you wouldn't have to worry so much--------"