Chapter Three: We'll Be Fine, Okay?

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER THREE: WE'LL BE FINE, OKAY?

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five questioned his siblings who were still amused and surprised with what they're seeing. They were just as surprised when they saw you too.

Five grabbed something from the kitchen while Vanya decided to answer. "The 24th."

"Of what?"

"March."

"Good."

"Good?" You asked him who glanced at you for a second before going back to whatever he's doing.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked.

Five remained quiet as he made his sandwich just as he wanted when he was a kid. You, who was sitting beside Klaus on the table, looked at Five eagerly, waiting for an answer. When Luther got no answer from the boy, he stood up. "It's been 17 years."

Five looked up to Luther and scoffed. "It's been a lot longer than that." He then spatial jumped to get the pack of marshmallows, that you didn't even know that there was one there, which made Luther startled a bit. "I haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked.

"The future. It's shit, by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus suddenly screamed causing you to jump in surprise.

"I should've listened to the old man." Five sighed as he walked towards the fridge and took the peanut butter. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

Five looked up and down at Klaus before looking back at the sandwich he's making. "Nice dress." He complimented.

Klaus looked down at the skirt he was wearing and smiled. "Oh, well, danke!"

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked Five.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five explained to his siblings and obviously, they didn't quite understand him.

"That makes no sense." Diego commented.

"Well, it would if you were smarter."

You instantly looked up at Diego who stood up, ready to throw the boy out of the room but gladly, Luther stopped him. Luther sighed. "How long were you there?" You took a glass of water and drank it as you waited for Five to reply.

"Twenty-five years. Give or take."

You choked on your drink, flinching Five on your sudden action. Diego and Luther sat back down in surprise while the other siblings stared at him in disbelief. "So what are you saying? That you're 38?"

"No, my consciousness is 38. Apparently, my body is now 16 again." Five said as he munched his sandwich down.

"Wait, how does that even work?" You asked. "Cause apparently, I am now having cru-" You stopped your sentence immediately, earning confused looks from your brothers and sisters but a smirk from Klaus.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh. Bet she's laughing now."

"Delores?" Vanya asked.

Five ignored Vanya's question and a newspaper caught his attention. "Hmm. Guess I missed the funeral."