The End (AKA, Author's Note, Redux)

We've reached the end of Josh and Emery's tale. Or, in Josh's eyes, the beginning. I can't thank you enough for having been present for their journey.

Theme Song

This wonderful song was written specifically for Josh and Emery, and I'd love to read your thoughts on it as, I'm sure, would the artist who wrote it. Have a listen to Lifeline.

Special Thanks:

— To Tiago, who wrote Lifeline for Josh and Emery.

— To ccstarfield, who went above and beyond for months, patiently mentoring me through the writing of entirely new content, and the revising and polishing process until Utterly Forgettable became the shiny version you've just read. They're also half of the Emery-PoV Encouragement Squad.

— To CeeMTaylor, who put up with my incessant questions about New York City, and was always up for examining my character's motivations and actions at odd hours. She's the other half of the Emery-PoV Encouragement Squad.

— To smaoineamh, who beta read this beast, offered a treasure trove of helpful insights, and had to put up with me clutching my darlings (instead of killing them) for dear life. I'm still mulling over some of that advice — it didn't fall on deaf ears.

To you. Yes, you. You, who read this and then went on your way but spared a smile, or a tear, or a thought in Josh and Emery's direction. You who added Utterly Forgettable to your reading list and, in doing so, made it more likely for more people to read my work. You, who voted for the chapters you felt had earned your vote. You, who took the time (and the patience, and had the will) to comment. I absolutely love comments, but know leaving them can cause anxiety in some people, or take time away from reading, in others.

I'm thankful for every single comment, every single vote, every single read. It's beyond thrilling, to know there are people immersed in an original story I created.

Should you have any final thoughts on Utterly Forgettable, whatever they may be — the good, the bad, and the ugly — do feel free to share them, but don't feel pushed into it.

I treasure each and every one of you who read this story. <3

For a little more about Josh and Emery

In the chapters following this A/N there'll be artwork, a bonus scene, and a Q&A. I'll continue adding whatever extras I create (or commission, in case of artwork) here, though I suspect bonus material will be few and far between. That being said, there's one more scene that's been nagging me, so it may get written soonish.

If you have suggestions for any extras, feel free to share them. If you have questions not covered by the Q&A, by all means, send them in. And if you happen to draw any one of my characters, please, please, please let me see it. As someone with zero talent for drawing and painting, I'm perpetually in awe of other people's talent.

Other Books?

If you'd like to read something else of mine, here's what I have to offer:

Syn

There's the first draft of Syn, twin Sci-Fi/MM romance novellas that I wrote for ONC 2021. BioSynth was a third place overall winner, and SynTracker placed 4th in the first round. Both follow the same sequence of events from a different perspective and, while they contain spoilers for one another, they're also an experiment and, if you're the kind of reader who doesn't mind knowing more than the characters, I think they're both made richer by the other's existence.

SynTracker is Ian's tale; BioSynth is Quentin's. Here's the short version for each:

SynTracker: When he discovers his husband has been replaced, an android hunter must find the impostor in time to rescue the man he loves.

BioSynth: When a car accident reveals a shocking secret even he didn't know about himself, an android finds himself hunted by his own husband.

What next?

I'm working on a few things offline, but nothing I'm prepared to start posting yet, so stay tuned.

For now, that's it. I hate goodbyes, so I'll just say I'll see you on the other side,

Mónica