Chapter Thirteen

"Maybe even closer."

---

Jeongin laid down on his bed, deep in thought. A specific thing stood out from his therapy session earlier.

"...sometimes impulses come from specific things so maybe we could find a pattern."

Did his impulses have a pattern?

Could that be the key to stopping his impulses? Breaking the pattern?

Jeongin thought back to his last few impulses, finding barely any patterns. The times they happened were seemingly random.

Jeongin groaned, rubbing his face with his hand. This was so frustrating.

Why couldn't it be so simple?

"A-are you okay?"

Jeongin turned his head, looking straight at his roommate. "Uh, yeah I am. Thanks, Chan."

Chan nodded, putting on a smile. "J-just making sure because you looked troubled. I mean uh- I don't know if you are- I just... it looked like you were, but I don't want to assume anything... but are you? I mean d-don't answer that. Unless you w-want to..., but you don't have to, but yeah."

Jeongin chuckled. Over his stay so far, Jeongin has gotten used to Chan's rambley behavior and it honestly made him quite likeable. Chan talked about a lot of random things, like what he ate for mealtimes or his fondness for Minho for example. Jeongin always liked to listen to Chan. "Oh uh, I was thinking a little bit about what happened in therapy earlier today, actually. I'm just trying to figure out everything, it's kind of confusing to be honest."

Chan nodded, playing with his fingers. "I-I know what's th-thats like. When everything is c-confusing that you don't know... what to do. But it w-will all work out in the end, and... it takes a lot of time... that's what Minho told me."

Jeongin smiled. "Thank you. That was actually really helpful."

Chan's expression seemed to visibly brighten. "R-really?"

"Yeah."

Suddenly, a few knocks came from the door.

Jeongin stood up, walking to the door. "I'll get it."

Jeongin opened the door, looking up at the person at the door. "Oh, hey Hyunjin hyung."

Hyunjin smiled. "Hey, Jeongin. I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the art room with Seungmin and I for the rest of free time."

Jeongin nodded. "Sure, I'm down."

"Great! Seungmin was getting something from his room, so we'll go fetch him."

Jeongin turned back to Chan and waved. "I'll see you later, Chan."

Chan waved back. "Alright, s-see you. Have fun."

Jeongin stepped out of the room and shut the door, falling into step next to Hyunjin. The two walked in a comfortable silence for a bit.

"Hey Jeongin, is Chan still in your room?"

Jeongin looked up at the source of the voice and stopped. It was Minho. "Yeah, he is. Are you gonna visit him?"

Minho smiled. "Yeah, I am. I'll see you around. Thank you."

Jeongin nodded, waving. Hyunjin turned towards Jeongin once Minho retreated down the hallway. "Who was that?"

Jeongin began to walk again, Hyunjin following next to him. "That was Minho. He's the other Kleptomaniac I was talking about. The one that gave me advice."

Hyunjin nodded. "Oh. Is he friends with your roommate?"

Jeongin chuckled. "Yeah, he is. Maybe something more."

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow. "Something more?"

"Yeah. During some of Chan's rambles, he talks about how much he appreciates Minho and how amazing he is so much that I wouldn't be surprised if they were more than just friends."

Hyunjin made an "o" shape with his mouth.

Jeongin stopped by Seungmin's door and put up his hand to knock, but the door opened before he could. Seungmin appeared at the now open door.

Jeongin's breath hitched.

Jeongin and Seungmin's faces were really close to each other.

Like really, really, close.

Jeongin and Seungmin stared at each other, Jeongin feeling his heart start to pound out of his chest from the closeness.

Why was he suddenly feeling so nervous?

The two snapped out of it by Hyunjin clearing his throat.

Seungmin immediately stepped back, chuckling nervously. "Hey, Jeongin, Hyunjin hyung."

What the hell just happened?

Jeongin tried to kill the butterflies in his stomach. That was certainly very strange. Why was he feeling like this?

"Jeongin?"

Jeongin snapped out of his thoughts. "Huh? What?"

"Are you ready to go?"

Jeongin nodded, looking at Hyunjin. "Oh, yeah. I am, I am."

Hyunjin started to walk, Seungmin walking next to Hyunjin. "Let's go!"

Jeongin followed Hyunjin and Seungmin who were both now talking about something, quite animatedly.

Jeongin stared at Seungmin's backside as he walked behind him, mind still racing.

What were those weird feelings?

A/N Hi all, I'm sorry that I had to put this on such a long hiatus, but I'm back to writing this now! I hope I don't have to do it again :) I had to reread this book twice because I had to remember what I wrote and what developments I made already. I completely forgot how much I loved this prompt, I love it so much.

day6 nice do a big good yes do a yes and

unedited