Chapter Twenty-One

His stay at the ward changed him into a better person.

---

It was Jeongin's last day at the ward. He was getting out of here.

The goodbye to the ward was quite bittersweet. He was glad that he was leaving because he knew that it meant that he was finally better.

But his experience at the ward was really life-changing and he truly appreciated it.

He was going to miss it.

Jeongin walked down the hallway, eyes wandering around the building. This was probably the last time he was going to be in here.

Unless he had to go back of course.

"Hey, Jeongin."

Jeongin looked towards the source of the voice. It was Taehyung. Jeongin smiled, giving him a small wave. "Hey."

This was probably going to be the last time he was going to see him. Taehyung smiled back. "So, uh, is it your last day today? Are you going to be leaving soon?"

Jeongin nodded, mood darkening a little. "Yeah... it is. I'm probably going to miss it here a lot... and you too."

Taehyung nodded back, thinking for a moment before reaching into his pocket, taking out a pad of post-it notes and a pen and writing something on it before giving the post-it to Jeongin. "Here. It's my phone number. If you ever need any help or if you just want to talk about anything, you can call or text me."

Jeongin looked down at the note, reading the numbers before looking back up at Taehyung. "Oh, thank you. I promise you I will."

Taehying smiled. "Good. I hope you have a smooth time getting out of here. It was great getting to be your therapist."

"Thank you. Your therapy really helped, I appreciate it."

Taehyung nodded. "I'm just doing my job. Well, I have to get going now. Bye Jeongin."

Jeongin smiled. "Bye. Thank you again."

Taehyung began to walk, throwing a wave over his shoulder. "Of course."

---

"Are you ready to go? I'm sure your friends are going to get here soon, but once somebody comes to pick you up, you're all set to go whenever."

Jeongin looked up at Jisung who was smiling at him. The two were currently in the front room, standing next to the front desk. Jeongin has already cleared out his room since he didn't really have much. Besides his necessities, he only had the composition book that Taehyung gave him and a few sketches he made in art therapy. "Yeah."

"Jeongin!"

Jeongin turned to see Seungmin and Hyunjin walking down the hallway towards them. Seungmin was carrying a whole bunch of canvases, his art filling his arms. Jeongin honestly wasn't surprised since Seungmin made a whole lot of art.

Hyunjin wasn't carrying that much, like Jeongin. Hyunjin has been looking a lot better recently, his frame has been a bit more filled out. He's honestly been looking a lot healthier lately.

Jeongin waved at the two. "Hey, guys."

Seungmin smiled brightly. "Can you believe it? We're going to be getting out of here soon."

Jeongin nodded. "Yeah. Quite soon, but we still need to wait for a few more people."

As if on cue, two figures appeared at the door from the hallway.

Chan and Minho.

When Jeongin told Chan in the morning of that day that he was leaving, it surprised him to find out that he and Minho were also planning to leave on that same day since they were finally both ready to leave. Jeongin thought it would be quite nice for all of them to leave together so that he could say goodbye all at the same time. "Hey."