Chapter Eighteen

Seungmin and Hyunjin were helping Jeongin get better.

---

Hyunjin went missing.

It's been a week since Jeongin and Seungmin have been together and everything seemed to be okay.

Not really, actually.

Jeongin has noticed that Hyunjin seemed to be faking his happiness and he hasn't been eating as much anymore.

Jeongin was currently panicking. What if something happened to Hyunjin?

Jeongin couldn't imagine his stay at the psychiatric ward without Hyunjin. Hyunjin really helped him get through things so many times. But it's not only that, Jeongin really liked Hyunjin's personality and the way he interacts with him and Seungmin. He may be mischievous, but Jeongin really likes that about him.

He realized that he appreciates Hyunjin as much as Seungmin.

Jeongin felt kind of bad because he has realized he might have some feelings for Hyunjin. He kind of felt like he was sort of betraying Seungmin for gaining some.

But he couldn't help it.

He really liked them both.

"Hey, Jeongin. Are you okay?"

Jeongin looked up from the floor of the hallways at the source of the voice, stopping his panicked pacing.

It was Jisung.

Ever since he got admitted, Jeongin has only talked to Jisung a few times. Although they were friends, Jisung has been quite busy doing his nurse duties. Jeongin slowly nodded. "Uh, yeah."

Jisung raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? You look panicked."

Jeongin sighed. "No. One of my friends here... is missing."

"Missing? What's their name? I might know them."

Jeongin tapped his fingers against his thigh in nervousness. "Uh, H-Hyunjin."

Jisung's eyes widened slightly. "You mean Hwang Hyunjin? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you this, but... he's been in the medical unit since yesterday-"

Medical unit? Did Hyunjin get hurt?

Did he hurt himself?

Jeongin's jaw dropped, panic lacing his voice. "He what!? Why?"

"I'm not sure, but..."

Jisung leaned forward, voice quiet. "I can let you visit him."

Jeongin's eyes widened. "Is that allowed? I don't want you to lose your job."

Jisung shook his head. "No, no. I think it should be fine, if you can help him then it could be more beneficial to his recovery."

Jeongin tried to shake off some of his nerves. "Okay. Can I bring one of my, er... friends too?"

"Sure."

---

When Jeongin relayed the news to Seungmin, Seungmin immediately panicked. Seungmin really cared about the wellbeing of his friend also.

Jeongin and Seungmin currently trailed behind Jisung as he led them over to the door of the medical unit, opening it and gesturing the two to go in.

Jeongin's eyes trailed around the part of the facility he's never seen before. It kind of looked like a standard hospital. The new hallway was painted a light blue color, deeply contrasting the dull yellow color of the rest of the facility. Doors were spaced out on the walls of the hallways, some bright stickers of clouds and rainbows covering them to make the place seem brighter.

Jisung closed the door and began to walk, gesturing for him and Seungmin to follow him. Jeongin followed Jisung, eyes wandering across the doors. The doors had some small windows on them that allowed people to look inside, Jeongin spotting what he assumed to be another patient laying down on a bed inside the room, hooked up to many machines. The patient looked like they were in bad shape.

Jeongin shuddered. Was Hyunjin going to look the same?

Jisung stopped in front of one of the doors and opened it, leading the two boys in. Jeongin's eyes widened as he saw who was laying on the bed.

Hyunjin.

Hyunjin did look like he was in bad shape. He was currently sleeping, but his face didn't exactly look peaceful. He had an IV needle stuck into his arm, a heart monitor attached to his finger.

Jeongin felt scared.

What happened to him?

Jeongin looked at Seungmin, Seungmin with equal fear in his eyes. Wordless communication passed between the two.

"I need to get back to work, now. If you two need anything, come find me or someone else."

Jeongin looked at Jisung. "Th-thank you."

Jisung nodded, opening the door. "Of course."

Jisung left.

Jeongin looked immediately back to Seungmin. "D-do you know what happened?"

Seungmin shook his head. "No. I-I don't know. I-"

Seungmin stopped when he saw Hyunjin's eyes flutter open.

A/N oh snappity snap. i kinda feel like this was mega unrealistic so like that's a big yike, I'm not sure if any of this could happen in real life.

unedited