Chapter 37 The Fallen Prince

Everything feels strange as I feel myself coming to and I feel... different. I feel no pain. I'm no longer weak or aching and I feel magically stronger. A lot stronger and it's strange how powerful I feel and yet I feel light. It must be my wings and then I remember. It hits me like a tidal wave and no wonder why I feel so numb. So hollow. Loki. Oh Loki... Did he survive? Is he ok? Is he dead? I have no idea but I need to find out for sure. I need to know and yet a part of me doesn't want to, fearing the worst. But I love him and I need to know if he is alive. Please be alive. Please don't be dead. I can't lose you.

So I force myself to open my eyes and I find myself in the healers back in Asgard, safe and home. I'm lying in a bed with my wings stretched out below me, glowing slightly and I see Sif is sitting beside my bed, waiting for me to wake up. Her face is miserable and it makes my heart sink. But I try not to think about it as I sit up, feeling a lot stronger. But before I can ask her about Loki, the healer Andrea comes over to me smiling at me so brightly.

"How are you feeling princess Katrina? You gave us quite a scare." She says with a sweet smile.

I force myself to smile, "I'm feeling ok actually."

She nods, "I'm pleased to hear it. We have given you some tonics to help your body adjust to your new wings and make it easier for you to control them. I believe Queen Frigga has already got the tailors to adapt your gowns for your wings, much like the one we changed you into it."

I nod, not even realising I have been changed into a green gown and I look behind me to see the dress has two carved holes in the back. It's perfect for my wings that are resting, not straining on the material and it does push my worries aside of what I would wear. But really that is the last thing on my mind. All I can think about is Loki and how to control my wings so I can go and find him. I have to go and find him. Please be alive.

"Umm thank you." I whisper, "But how do I control my wings?"

She smiles before explaining, "It's quite simple actually. It's all about your will. Much like how you walk without thinking, your wings work the same way. You focus on what you want them to do, in or out your back or to fly and they will obey. Once you have some practice you should be able to do it without thinking. But for now focus with your magic and I'm sure you will pick it up quickly."

I nod and I focus on my magic and what I want my wings to do. I want them back in my back and in seconds, my wings go into my back. It's like they were never there. I focus again and my wings return easily, not hurting like last time. They stretch out before settling in place, resting behind my back and out the way. I focus and I make them stretch, back and forth before returning them to settle behind me. It's quite easy actually and Andrea and Sif seem impressed. At least I can control my wings, that's one thing sorted I guess.

"It looks like you got the knack." She says, surprised but impressed, "You may leave when you wish, just take it easy."

I nod, "Thank you Andrea."

She smiles, "You're most welcome princess Katrina."

"Just Katrina."

She nods before she leaves my bed and goes over to help someone else. I put my legs over the bed, facing Sif and I feel my heart pang. She looks really miserable and I fear I'm about to find out the worst. But I need to know what happened to Loki, is he ok? Is he alive or did he... I just have to know and if he needs help, I'm going after him. No matter what anyone says. He is my future husband and I am going to find him. I love him too much to let him go.

I fiddle with my engagement ring as I ask, "Is Loki ok?"

She pales, "You should rest."

"Don't give me that Sif." I state bluntly, "He is my fiancé and he just saved my life. I have to know what happened to him. Please just tell me."