Chapter 67 Scarred Beauty

Taking a breath, I rub away my tears as I finish cleaning myself and get out of the bath. However, I catch a glance of myself in the mirror and I cringe as I put a towel around myself. I had forgotten about them and I guess I wanted to. Kai wasn't exactly nice to me when I first arrived at that hell hole, back before he found out that I was pregnant. He tortured me to get answers which obviously I didn't have and it left a few marks. Some along my chest, my arms, my legs, and a few along my lower back. So many and it makes me cringe. At least some have faded but Loki is going to notice especially tonight when we are finally alone together. He is going to be so mad when he finds out that man hurt me and will blame himself since I got hurt. Maybe that's why I don't want to tell him or show him. Loki has suffered enough and it's just something else Kai did to me. He took away my beauty.

Once I am dry and done with my hair, I change into a nightgown with long sleeves and it shows off my curves. I look beautiful and even with the holes in the back for my wings, you can't see the scars. I am glad they are hidden and yet I suspect not for long. Loki and I are going to be alone for the first time in 7 years. We are going to be all over each other so there is no way I can hide them and I am certain we won't be able to resist each other. I just don't want him to see them. I am too ashamed of them and what that man did to me. Nor do I want him blaming himself any more than he probably already is. And yet it's inevitable for him to see them.

I try not to think about it as I pull myself together and go through the middle door, back into our daughter's room.

She's now in bed, under the duvet in a gold nightdress with a big smile on her face. Loki is sitting on the bed beside her, a book in his hand but he is no longer telling that story. Instead, he is telling her a story about us which makes me smile so brightly. They are adorable together and he is such a good father. But I knew he would be as Hela is amazing and so is he. And now we can raise our daughter, together, a family.

"So you saved mum from the tower? A prince saving his princess?" She asks him.

He laughs, "I did. I scrambled across the ice and fought my way up to the tower where your mother was waiting for me. I saved her, my beautiful princess, and helped defeat the order who took her."

She smiles, remembering the tale, "I think mum told me about that... didn't she save you after?"

"She did." He says with a smile, "I got trapped in the palace, locked up by an evil man who was angry I saved your mother. But despite the risks, she came back to look for me and saved my life. Much like I saved hers. It's what we do, we save each other." He moves her hair to one side, "I will always save and protect my princess."

"Am I a princess dad? Like really?"

He nods, "You are our little princess and tomorrow, you officially will be." He notices her frown, "What is wrong sweetie? Hope?"

She sits up, "What if someone else comes after me? Or mum? What if Kai escapes? He hurt mum so much and I don't want her getting hurt again." She looks at him, "What if he comes back?"

"He won't." He reassures her, "He is locked in the dungeons and will be executed for what he did. He hurt your mother, took her, and kept you both prisoner so you don't need to worry about him." He takes her hands, "Nothing is going to happen to you or your mother. I will protect you like I protect your mother. You are safe and home. And both of our rooms are protected by blood magic, so you are safe and protected."

She smiles and she relaxes back in bed, "You will protect us?"

He nods, "And I always will." He uses magic to put the book back, "Now it's time you go to sleep. You have had an awfully long day."