𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙬𝙤

Chapter Two.

When I get home, it's almost time to be picked up for my second party. My parents already knowing my plans, go to watch a movie together in the living room.

I change into a black mini skirt and crop top, I let my hair down and change into my converses. I make sure to brush my teeth before I leave, as I stand in front of the mirror I notice my gums slightly bleeding. They throb lightly which I ignore and decide to move on.

"Hey babe," Layla says as I climb into her Jeep. "How was the birthday?" She asks me, pulling out of my driveway.

"It was ... good?" I wonder if I should tell her what's going on with me, we've been best friends for as long as I can remember.

"What do you mean?" She asks, pulling off of my road and onto the main one leading to her house.

I study her for a moment. "I've been experiencing some strange things and I don't know what's going on." I admit, nervously fidgeting with the ruby ring.

She's silent for a moment before glancing at me. "What do you mean, Scar?" She sounds slightly worried.

"Okay, bare with me on this." I tell her. "A month ago, I started to change like one day I just woke up and I could run five miles with no problem." I explain, pushing my hair out of my face.

"My scars healed, scars that I had since childhood, they just healed? I've been having like these dreams and they give me terrible headaches." I shake my head, I know I'm sounding crazy.

She looks at me. "Okay, let's talk about one thing at a time. Yeah, that is weird you can run miles and you never ran before in your life. Five miles is a run that you build up to, you don't just wake up one day and be capable of running five miles." I nod, relieved she sees what's not normal about it.

I notice we're on her road. "The healing? I don't know, maybe your body is getting the nutrients it needs to be able to heal very old scars?" She sounds unsure, shrugging.

"Layla, you know me, tonight something really weird happened and I think I could hear this guy's heartbeat." She comes to a slow stop outside of her home and pulls into the garage. Nobody is here yet.

She turns off the car and looks at me, "What the fuck?" She's shocked. Her wide brown eyes staring back at me intensely.

"Like I said, I know this sounds fucking crazy." I unbuckle and turn to her. "I like just focused in on him and it was like.. I could hear his insides and everything around us went dark but I could still see him." I explain, she looks mortified.

"I don't think that's normal." She sighs, looking at her home. "What about the dreams?" She asks, I grow a little nervous.

"I've been having these really weird dreams, they're so realistic, it's like sexual but I always end up.." I stop for a moment and wonder if I should tell her. "Lay, I always end up cutting them or biting them and drinking their blood." Her eyes widen.

"I know it sounds fucking crazy. Tonight I ate two plates of food and I never do that and it's just.. you know when something isn't right with you?" I ask and she simply nods. "That's what it is. It's like when you feel a cold coming on." She sits in the driver seat, her wild red hair falls in tight curls down her shoulders and her wide brown eyes focuses on the outside.

"Maybe we could go to the woman down the street," She shrugs. "She's a witch, well people say she is, she apparently is a physic and maybe she can shine a light on this." I realize that I sounded absolutely crazy but she's actually talking to me about this.