𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤 | ✓

Chapter Thirty-Two.

"I am so sorry, I should've-" I don't even let him finish, everyone seems to be blaming themselves when it is no way their fault.

"Nothing. You couldn't have stopped it or save me." I softly tell him, wanting it to sink in. No one could have saved me, it happened for a reason. The one person who did save me was the last person I'd expect.

"Scarlet, you're in fucking danger. You're being hunted and you've got all these abilities, you need support." I can't help but smile at how selfless he is. "I want to go wherever you go-" He's must of lost his mind.

"No Zeke, it's too dangerous. I already have too many people wanting to risk their lives and it's over a stupid reason-"

"What's stupid about it? Helping a friend, beating the hell out of those bastards and breaking Succubus history with the first Succubus to be as powerful as you are." I ignore the last part, I don't understand why everyone is treating it like a damn vacation.

"It's not a damn vacation, it's my life and I don't want anyone dying because of me." I'm growing frustrated, I hear bustling and banter outside of the the room.

"Everyone's wanting to come." His voice is soft and he's smiling. "Me, Kyla, that one guy, the girl with wings, your parents, the old dude-" I can't help but to laugh at the descriptions. "Everyone wants in. This could be good for you." I can't help but to hate how everything is revolving around me, good and bad. I just want to be normal, if not human. I haven't even begun to start my life before I'm dealing with all of this.

"Here, you need to feed." He takes my hand and suddenly I hear Dawson open the door. Zeke's head snaps towards him, Dawson's fist is clenched and I drop my head into my hands.

"She's got a source, thank you." His voice is cold and silvery, almost like he wants to rip Zeke apart.

"What? You?" Zeke scoffs. "Look at what that's done." I'm surprised by the cold look that washes over Zeke, his eyes stay locked with Dawson's and I wonder why he doesn't fear him.

Dawson storms towards him and I immediately get up, I wince in pain from the sudden movement. I push Dawson back. "Stop, I'm not dealing with this. It's neither of your fault. I don't need neither one's blood. If both of you are coming than you need to learn how to be civilized." I roll my eyes, feeling exhausted. I can't believe I have to get onto them like children.

"Scarlet, you'll have to have some source and -"

"I'll find someone else if it's such a big deal. Now, I'm taking a shower. Go outside and wait for me." I enter the bathroom, I look in the mirror and see Dawson smirking at Zeke. "You too, Dawson." I hear him gasp.

"Nuh uh, I get to stay." I hear Zeke chuckle, I turn around and with one look, he holds his hands up in defense. "Okay. Fine." I can tell he wanted to stay to fuck and maybe I wanted him to but if they're going to be under the same roof, they can't be fighting. I won't be able to deal with them hurting each other.

They both leave the room, the moment they close the door, I feel dizzy. I guess I am having to feed soon, all the injuries seem to be taking a lot out of me. I pull my shirt up, I suck in a breath when I study the purplish bruise that covers my side. My fingers gently graze the bruise and it hurts so badly that I lose my breath.

Showering is hard, sometimes I almost break and text Dawson to come and help me but I don't want anymore attention being placed on me. I sit on the edge of my bed, it hurts to bend over and to get up, it hurts to move in general. I wince as I put my arms up, pushing the shirt over my head.