𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 | ✓

xxxvii. thirty seven
──── ⋅◈⋅ ────

"CHANNEL YOUR SPEED, follow me."  He says, pulling my bag and his over his shoulders. I haven't done this a lot, I take his hand and when I channel my speed, I close my eyes. It seems to be only minutes that we're zipping through the woods together, I run into him knocking him to the ground. He's on his back and I'm on top of him.

"I'm so sorry, I'm still learning." I huff, he just stares at me in awe. I smile, "What?" His eyes drop to my lips and he leans forward. He softly kisses me, I suck on his bottom lip and pull away, our eyes locking.

He groans, "Have you fed yet?" He moans against my lips. I'm suddenly confused, a feeling washes over me and suddenly everything feels perfect as I look up at the sky. The stars are bright, the bright full moon shining down on the woods.

When I look down at him, I can't believe what I'm seeing. The iris of his eyes, what once was a beautiful emerald green is now a solid black. I watch as black ink trails his arm slowly, "What is that?" I watch as it inches to his hands.

"This is my true form." He tells me, he looks wickedly beautiful. "I'm not holding my powers from you anymore, so my human look disappears." I'm still on top of him, I see the black ink peek out from under his shirt. I pull it up and watch as it inches towards his neck. It stops once it gets to his neck, "This is my mark. It's kind of like a tattoo, maybe a birthmark." He softly says, his hand sliding up my back.

I can't control my breathing, he looks like a completely other Zeke. "Oh my God, " I look into his black eyes.

"Are you afraid?" He asks, his eyebrows are drawn together.

"No," I admit. "I don't like the way that I look when I change either," I tell him, shifting my gaze to the ground.

"Scarlet, we're both hungry and I know it's not the best time but I need to warn you before anything happens. I'm Satan's son and you're a demon, now that I've revealed myself, it could be.. extremely emotional." I don't understand what he means.

"I'm sorry, I don't follow," I tell him.

"You're a demon, originally you serve me and my father and you die for us and love us." He explains, pushing my hair from my shoulder. "If I feed with you, it could impact the way you see me heavily." I wrap my arms around myself.

He sits up and kisses me, I don't like the drunk feeling that washes over me it's like a feeling of euphoria. I kiss him back, gently pushing his chest away. I don't know how I feel about all of this. I planned to go along with everything but I can't even think, obviously something is making me feel like this. He's not hiding his power anymore which means this will be ten times harder.

He looks completely different, like an evil dark Zeke. I still have hope that he's in there. "You're upset." He follows me, I walk along the trail.

"I'm a lot of things," I say blankly.

Scarlet, can you hear me? This is Katie.

Yes.

We are alerting the Queen, everyone is terrified. Are you okay?

Yes. I'm fine, we're walking along-

He turns me around, pushing me against the tree behind me. The bark digs into my back causing me to wince. "I and you are meant to be." He tells me. "Father says you and I together could make a very fucking powerful couple-"

I grab his wrist, running my thumb over what use to be scarred skin. "Your father is wanting to lead you down a very bad path, I don't want to go to hell. I don't want the bad men to catch me, I just want to be with you." I lie, looking into his solid black eyes.