72

Colby's POV

"Alright dude, I think that's good." I said to Sam as we finished filming a video for my channel.

"Those tik toks were so dumb, man." Sam said as he leaned back in the couch. "I thought they were funny!" I defended as he chuckled. "Right, the only ones that were funny were the animal ones and you know it." He said as I shrugged.

"Whatever, I'm gonna send the footage to Reggie." I said then grabbed the camera and my laptop so I could upload the footage and email it to Reggie.

I walked over to my desk and started working as Sam scrolled through his phone on the couch.

I was so invested in my work I flinched when Sam started talking again. "Dude, there was a shooting at a hospital in LA." He said as I nodded slowly, not even really recognizing what he said.

"Did you even hear me, bro?" Sam asked as I nodded. "Yeah..shooting at a hospital." I mumbled then realized why he was so concerned. "What hospital?" I asked and stopped what I was doing to look at him.

"Greens." Sam said as my heart stopped. "Oh my god." I mumbled then got up to grab my phone. "The hospital is on lockdown after an employee was injured." Sam read as I sat next to him.

I felt my heart beating out of my chest as I grabbed my phone. "Does it say who the employee was? I need to know." I said and shakily found her contact to call her. "No, it just says there's one victim in critical condition." Sam explained as I called Violet.

It rang a couple times as I started to panic, "She's not answering Sam...she's not answering!" I exclaimed as he sat up. "Relax dude..that doesn't mean anything. They're in lockdown, she might not be by her phone." Sam said as Violet's phone sent me to voicemail.

"I don't like this." I mumbled and ran my fingers through my hair. "We can go to the hospital if you want." He suggested as I nodded. "Okay. I think I'll feel better about all of this if we go." I said as he nodded and stood up.

I felt my chest caving in as we made our way to the hospital. I didn't want to think something happened to Violet, but there was a nagging feeling in the back of my head that knew the victim was her.

When we got to the hospital there were dozens of police cars parked out front, barricading the doors. "Holy shit..." Sam mumbled as I got out of the car.

"What's going on?" I asked one of the officers, hoping he could tell me more information. "There was a shooting. Nobody goes in, nobody come out until the SWAT team comes." He explained as my heart started to race.

"Any victims?" I asked trying to keep my voice level. "Yeah, a 21 year old female." He said causing my heart to stop.

I went to ask another question but he walked off towards another group of officers. I could feel my hands shaking with fear as I turned to Sam. "Woah...hey it's okay. I'm sure she's fine." Sam said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"It's killing me...not knowing." I said and looked towards the hospital as the SWAT team showed up. I could t wrap my head around the fact that all of this was happening.

Even if Violet wasn't the one that was hurt she was still inside of a building with an active shooter in it and that scared the hell out of me.

I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket causing me to flinch and reach for it. I felt my heart drop when I looked at the caller ID to see it wasn't Violet calling me.

"Hey, Jake." I answered with a sigh. "Hey, where are you and Sam? I need help with something." He said as the SWAT team started making their way into the building. "Uh...we're at the hospital." I said as I watched the doors intently.