74

I walked through the light, not knowing what was going to happen to me. Instead of a dark void I was now in a white one, only confusing me more.

I heard a baby crying, so I turned towards it. The image of my parents holding me a baby played in front of me. When I turned around there were different memories playing.

They were memories ranging from when I walked for the first time to last week when Kat and I were baking cookies for Sam and Colby.

Was this what they meant when they said your life flashes before your eyes? I couldn't have been dead..I didn't feel dead.

When I got to the end of the memories I heard Colby's voice.

"Hey, V. I don't know if you can hear me but...I just want you to know that you're the love of my life. There's never gonna be anyone else. One day I'm gonna marry you, and we're gonna have little kids running around, looking for adventures just like we do." He said as I looked around, silently praying I could see him.

I tried to yell his name but there was something caught in my throat. I tried again only to feel my chest ache so much that it sent me to the ground.

"It won't be for a while because we're still kids ourselves but I just know you're the one for me. You're my soulmate, Violet. I love you...please just live for me..please." Colby voice echoed through the void. I could tell he was crying from the way his voice cracked.

I wanted to tell him I wasn't going anywhere. I wanted to yell, but between the pain in my chest and the thing clogging my throat from speaking, I couldn't say anything.

I struggled to breathe as I clawed at my throat. I tried to fight off the urge to fall asleep, because that meant I was really dying. If I fell asleep here, it meant I was dead.

I couldn't die.

I fought for a while before I finally gave up and let myself black out.

I floated around for a while, not feeling anything but peace. There were no noises or visions.

Just peace.

I don't know how long I floated there before a bright light appeared a few feet away from me. I sighed feeling fear boil up again.

This was it. I was about to die.

I walked through the light, expecting it to be warm and peaceful but it was cold and very loud.

Shit.

I was in Hell, wasn't I?

There were loud beeps filling my ears as my eyes cracked open.

I looked around the room, feeling panic and confusion start to set in. Colby was sitting to my right, but his head was rested on the bed in front of him as he held my hand.

I tried to speak but there was something in my throat. I felt myself start to panic as I became hyper aware of the trach tube that was shoved in my throat.

My eyes watered as the pain in my chest intensified by a million. I felt trapped in my own body still which wasn't a great feeling at all.

"Violet? Oh my god..you're awake!" Aisha whispered happily as I looked at her with fear in my eyes. "Hey, it's okay..I know it's overwhelming. You're okay." She cooed as I tried to turn my head to look at Colby.