Chapter Three

I WAKE UP feeling rejuvenated. There's no yawns trying to escape from my mouth and I'm able to keep my eyes open. This never happens.

I'm having a hard time getting out of bed. It's so comfy and warm. The bedding feels so luxurious, so unfortunately I won't be finding it at Target.

I somehow gather up the strength to get out bed. It's a hard task, but I did it.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," my mom greets me when I walk into the living room.

"Morning. When are we going to be breakfast?"

My brother snickers from the couch. "We've already been. It's ten, so they're closed now."

"Why didn't you guys wake me up? I have to eat too." I frown.

"Hello? I knocked ten times and got no reply," he says. "If it makes you feel any better, then the food was good."

"It doesn't," I snap.

"You can grab something on the way out," my mom tells me. "We're going to Santa land once everyone gets dressed, but you and Brandon are welcome to do your own thing."

"I'm sure she would love that," my brother says and gives me a smile.

Is there a way I can throw him off the Empire State Building?

❄️ ❄️ ❄️

It turns out that I'm going to be spending the day with Brandon. It was either that or go to Santa land.

"Where to first?" Brandon asks. "The Eiffel Tower or somewhere else?"

"There's no Eiffel Tower in New York. That's Paris," I groan. How on Earth did I get stuck with him?

"Whoops." He laughs.

"Can we get breakfast first? I need a full stomach if I'm going to be stuck with you."

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

That's because it is.

I walk inside the first cafe that I see isn't busy. Just like most restaurants in the city, this cafe is small and has plenty of character. The door makes a squeaky noise when you open it and there's antique drawings all over the wall. There's not many people in here, so you're able to hear the faint Christmas music playing in the background.

This cafe is extremely cozy. The atmosphere and the smell of freshly brewed coffee brings a smile on my face.

"Here's your french toast and here's your omelette." Our waitress sets our food on the table.

"Thank you," we both say before attacking our food. Apparently, Brandon didn't wake up in time for the hotel breakfast either.

"Mmm. This French toast is so good. How's your omelette?" I ask Brandon after popping a fresh strawberry in my mouth.

"Delicious. This is way better than the food at the hotel."

It doesn't take long for us to clean off our plates. Our food was too good to leave anything behind.

Our waitress comes back over and hands us o our check. "Is it going to be together or separate?"

"Separate," I say and at the same time Brandon says, "Together."

He hands her his card before I can get my wallet out. "You can buy us lunch."

"You guys are such a cute couple," our waitress says.

"Thank you." Brandon smiles at her.

I give him a look, but he pretends he doesn't see me.

"Why did you agree with her?" I ask him once she leaves with his card.