Chapter Six

THIS TRIP HAS been perfect so far. From exploring New York to riding the subway.  I've enjoyed spending time with my family and the Matthew's (even Brandon). 

I thought could this trip get any better and it did. For starters, last night was amazing. Spending time in Central Park at night felt special. I'm still processing that Brandon and I decided to squash our hatred for each other. It's crazy how we decided in a quick moment to let it go.

Maybe it was just the heat of the moment. We'll probably go back to arguing later.

It's like overnight magic happened, because I woke up to it snowing. I've never seen it snow in my entire life, so obviously I squealed like a little child.

I stand to the window and watch as the snow falls. It's not much by any means, but it's enough to make me incredibly happy.

I want to just stand on the balcony and let the snow fall down on me, but I have to get ready.

Going ice skating in Rockefeller Center isn't the most original idea, but it sure is a fun one. I barely know how to skate, so I'll probably just sit this activity out and just watch.

Since it's snowing outside, I want to dress a bit warmer. I settle on a pink knit sweater, black jeans, and my warm boots. Of course I'll throw on my jacket, scarf, and gloves when we get ready to leave.

My brother is the first one ready. Which never happens. He spends more time doing his hair than he does doing his school work.

"Did you have fun last night?" He casually asks.

"Good morning to you too." I walk over to the kitchen and grab a water bottle.

"If you're going to sneak out then at least be more quieter. You're lucky mom and dad aren't the light sleepers," he says.

I roll my eyes. I don't know  what I was thinking. Of course he was going to hear me leave.

"I hope you and Brandon had a lovely time last night."

I cross my arms and look up at him. "How did you know I went with Brandon."

"I didn't. You just told me." He smirks. "I was right. You guys like each other."

I don't like him, but I'm starting to think that maybe Brandon likes me. It's hard to wrap my head around.

❄️ ❄️ ❄️

We have to fuel up on food before going skating. Instead of eating the complimentary breakfast at the hotel, we go to a bagel cafe.

I order a everything bagel with cream cheese and a small coffee. It's delicious and the coffee gives me a great amount of energy.

I wipe my greasy hands on my jeans and finish up the last of my coffee.

The snow hasn't stopped yet. I laugh when a few snowflakes land on my face.

We finally reach the rink, and I start getting excited. You can see a ton of people out skating on the ice. Some know what they're doing and some look not so good. You can also see the pretty Christmas tree. Tall buildings surround the rink like they're beautiful statues.

This is way better than skating in a smelly arcade.

Surprisingly, the line isn't too long to get our skates.

I step up to the counter and give the man a friendly smile . "A size seven, please."

He hands me my skates and I step away from the counter. I still have no plans to step out onto the rink, but my family wouldn't be happy if I didn't attempt to try and skate.

I tie up my shoes and stand up. That's as much as I can do.

Brandon comes up beside me. "Are you going to go, or are you going to stand there like a statue?"

"I'm stretching. That's what professionals do. You're obviously not a professional, because you didn't stretch."

"It's funny because I didn't know you needed to stretch in order to skate. See you out on the rink." He winks at me and then steps out onto the rink.

I watch as he glides by other skaters. He's going so fast that it's hard to keep up. I move my eyes from him to see the rest of our group out on the rink as well.

How hard can it be?

I take a deep and step out onto the ice. Where do I go from here? I look up from the ice to see Brandon talking to some girls.

He throws his head back as he laughs at something the girl tells him. She says something in his ear before skating away.

I realize that I'm staring, but I don't make a move to look away. Can that girl please give me lessons on confidence and skating?

"Move out of the way," I hear someone shout.

By the time I look back, it's too late. The little girl runs into me and knocks me down.

"Sorry," I hear her say before she skates off.

This is what I get for trying to step out of my comfort zone.

"You okay?" Brandon skates to where I am.

"Yup. Nothing bruised but my ego."

"Here." He squats down and extends out his hand.

I hesitantly take his hand, and he pulls me up. His hand feels warm despite it being cold out. As cliche as it is, it's like a spark went off when my hand touches his.

I pull my hand back and we stand there awkwardly for a few moments. "I'm going to get some hot chocolate."

Luckily, this rink serves beverages and there's a  vacant area where I can sit.

If anybody needs me, I'll be sitting right here with my hot chocolate.

❄️ ❄️ ❄️

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thanks for reading!

This chapter isn't heavily edited. Please kindly point out any mistakes.

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

There's only four chapters left.  What do you guys think is going to happen?

Please vote, comment, add this story to your reading list, and follow.

Christmas count for this chapter:

🎄🎄

-

Author