Chapter 32

Marinette turns around, praying that the person grabbing her isn't who she thinks but she'd recognize that suffocating, signature cologne anywhere. She begs whoever's out there that it's some creep she can just punch and be done with. But no, this time Lady Luck isn't on her side as the mop of blond hair and toxic green eyes come into view.

Adrien is there, a wide smile on his face at the sight of her.

"Marinette, I haven't seen you in ages. I tried going to the bakery but they said you don't live there anymore. That you hired some people to take over while your parents started another shop somewhere else." Marinette doesn't even know what to say to that, gently trying to tug her hand free from his grasp.

"They wouldn't tell me where you went, said that anyone that your parents wanted to know already knew. But when I explained that I knew you, loved you they still wouldn't tell me. I really tried to find you, Princess, but fate brought you back." It seems Adrien misunderstood what her tugging meant because when he noticed and looked down at their arms he took a step closer. She took one back. And then another.

"I called and texted but they said the number was no longer in use, give me your new one. We could do it later actually, let's get out of here. Get some food or something." Marinette just keeps taking her little steps back, her hand tugging more and more urgently as she leans further away from him. His eyes bore into hers so fixated that he didn't seem to notice her distress. Or maybe he just didn't care.

Marinette's free arm was behind her, reaching for anything, anyone. And after a few more steps she finally felt someone's arm. She grasped their wrist like a life line and turned to see who it was.

She'd never felt so relieved to see Damian in her life.

"Who's that? Princess?" Marinette's eyes pleaded, a far cry from the glare Damian was accustomed to. Damian didn't need to hear an explanation, her eyes said it all.

"Marinette, go to your roommates." He gently took her hand from his wrist, and then not so gently took Agrest's off of hers and ushered her away. Doing his best to tell her it was alright, that he'd take care of it.

Damian turns back to Agreste, ire in his eyes. Agreste looked at him with disdain and tried to go around Damian to get back to Marinette. Damian extends an arm out to stop him and leads Agreste back, further away from the group and Marinette.

"Who are you?" Agreste scoffs, "Her boyfriend?" Damian enjoys the jealousy in the boy's eyes. He's going to have way too much fun with this.

"Doesn't matter. I suggest you go back to whatever gutter you crawled out of. We're on a private tour and you're interrupting."

"You're eating ice cream. Just let me talk to her, let me explain."

"No."

"You don't understand. I love her, and Alya and Lila told me she used to like me. C'mon, let me see her!"

"Key word: used to. Marinette doesn't want to see you and I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"NO!" Agreste shouts, Damian takes a step back to keep him back. "Just let me talk to Marinette! I don't care who you are to her! I deserve to be heard!" Damian rolls his eyes at the boy's tactlessness.

Mme Ruiz approaches.

"What seems to be the issue here, Damian?"

"This boy approached and grabbed Marinette, I was asking him to leave." The woman glances back to Marinette whose eyes are glued to the ground, shoulders curled in.